Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need a drink — badly :-(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gigaron

San Bruno
Supporting Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
I cut a corner too tightly and took out both on the same side. $190-240 each to repair.

B623ED22-FF86-4D1A-9629-766828BA9005.jpeg

B623ED22-FF86-4D1A-9629-766828BA9005.jpeg

Attachments

• 560FFCCB-EF43-4EB2-A2AE-8FAC64D94AEA.jpeg
    560FFCCB-EF43-4EB2-A2AE-8FAC64D94AEA.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 84
Curb rash is very easy to repair as long as you can find the right color paint. I do not know the color for the MY rim but someone else likely does. I fixed my M3 rash with about $30 in parts (sandpaper, paint, bondo, tack cloth) and a few hours of my time (mostly spent waiting for paint to dry). I now have everything that I need to fix the next rash (hoping it doesn't happen) so that that one will just cost me time. My repair is not perfect but it is invisible unless you are looking to find it which is good enough for me.

I found a local shop which will fix my two Geminis for $195 each -- with actual aluminum and not bondo -- the same price to powder coat them, so gloss black powder coating just moved to the top of my wish list.

If you are still getting used to the dimension of your car, leave it for a bit...all my careless curb rash happened in the first 6 months of ownership.

Stupid mistake. I had a pickup making the same turn to my right and I thought he was too close. But yeah, I can understand rashing up for 6 months then fixing it all at the same time...

Last edited:
lightly rashed mine no less than 6 hours after delivery. It happens, I was used to the truck having big walled tires and it not being an issue and lightly grazed a curb. I am planning on use these for winter wheels or long trip wheels and getting a set of better looking 21s for cruising around town.