Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need a favor please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OTA fix implies that the hardware is the same under the hood for both AWD and P3+ ?
That doesn't sound right.

On the surface level it may appear that way.

Its possible the P3 hardware > AWD hardware but AWD firmware runs on P3 hardware.

Elon stated better "binned motors" with double burn in time for P3 vs AWD.

Hes not been proven/disproven either way to my knowledge.

Reactions: P85_DA
I called support to see if they can update and fix ota. He said it’s not just a software unlock but that there are differences in the motors.Said bring it in tomorrow and they will check it out.

Also while talking he had me check the Monroney sticker whick I didn’t even see yesterday (in the trunk lower compartment) it says nothing of performance. Pretty sure my car is wrong configuration.

Does everyone else’s sticker indicate performance ?

I called support to see if they can update and fix ota. He said it’s not just a software unlock but that there are differences in the motors.Said bring it in tomorrow and they will check it out.

Also while talking he had me check the Monroney sticker whick I didn’t even see yesterday (in the trunk lower compartment) it says nothing of performance. Pretty sure my car is wrong configuration.

Does everyone else’s sticker indicate performance ?

Take a look through the thread that was referenced above.

I ordered a Performance 3. The car at delivery was an AWD.

My window sticker said AWD, but the car was a P3D- (Dual Motor with red underline shows when you hit the "T" on the display and also confirmed by the SC) as I had ordered. Sounds like you didn't get the right config delivered to you. Did you check to make sure the VIN on the window sticker, vehicle, and MVPA all agreed?

Vin is the same on all , that’s what is confusing. My mvpa has performance awd listed but monroney stick doesn’t. I also notice the price is different on the sticker

and I bet the price on the window sticker matched the config on the window sticker (the lower price for the AWD). Just sounds like they gave you the wrong config for what you ordered and paid for. I saw a post in another thread last night that was similar. The person ordered a P3D- but the car was actually an AWD. The customer decided to take it as is with the cost difference refunded back to the customer (can't recall if Tesla did anything else for the customer for the mix up).

It was resolved, they push
@thebeezknez Did you get your car swapped out?

It was resolved, they unlocked performance software. They showed my the build details from the engineering team and it showed as being built for performance.
24F761C9-2C70-4C78-A410-3EC0FA63BF2F.jpeg

Reactions: Rockster