Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need an intervention

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

markwj

Asia Pacific
Apr 10, 2011
Hong Kong
I need help. Seriously, I need help.

I got the HK$39,000 deposit 'back' when my Model S was delivered, and after 3 1/2 years of being on waiting lists for Tesla cars, it just felt strange. So, what did I go and do?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408063447.174700.jpg

My justification is that however much I love my roadster, it is not the most practical of cars for a 5 person (+helper) family. By the time the Model X comes, I will probably have been driving my Roadster for 5+ years, so time for someone else to enjoy the experience.

But... This just seems so wrong. And yet, so right.

True intervention is needed when you own a Roadster and a Signature Model S with a Model X reservation. Tesla changes the way you think and act. Fortunately, I think it's a great change.

This thread is like holding an AA meeting in a bar... :biggrin:

Can't I even be offline for a few hours, without you all getting down into mutual support groups and almost start crying? I have just spent the afternoon (time zone confusion here) with Paul Carter, Sig Model X #3 holder in Canada (more about that elsewhere).

Mark, I am sure you are doing the right thing, just be sure whoever takes over your baby roadster will take good care of it. Feed it when it's hungry, caress it when it's feeling down and so on. I am sure the right family is out there, somewhere. At some stage, we all need to move on.

If nothing else, me or someone else will probably be ready to lift you off that reservation at some stage. You never know, but at this stage, I think I'll be holding on to my soon-to-come Model S for a decade at least. Who is to say why changes there are in 10 years? As Paul and I discussed today - by the time it's eventually time to swap his 60kWh battery (he bought his Model S "off the shelf" 2 months ago), there will probably be a 300kWh replacement option.

Congrats, Mark. I would have done the same if I had any investment cash to spare.

I need help. Seriously, I need help.

I got the HK$39,000 deposit 'back' when my Model S was delivered, and after 3 1/2 years of being on waiting lists for Tesla cars, it just felt strange. So, what did I go and do?

View attachment 56539

My justification is that however much I love my roadster, it is not the most practical of cars for a 5 person (+helper) family. By the time the Model X comes, I will probably have been driving my Roadster for 5+ years, so time for someone else to enjoy the experience.

But... This just seems so wrong. And yet, so right.

Ewww... I'm thinking exactly the same thing (but to replace my X5 in few years..)