Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need help from any Gen 2 wall charger owners....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i bought by Tesla Gen2 wall charger via a local 3rd party. it has since had a terminal blown out (one of the terminal fried) and needs to be replaced via Tesla.

the 3rd party person i bought the charger from does not have a proof of purchase for this specific wall charger which i bought new.

Tesla needs a proof of purchase (emailed receipt works) for a Gen 2 wall charger that i can use for warranty of this charger (Gen 2, matte black with Elon's signature with the 24 foot cable).

can anyone help me out with this? please PM if possible.

The Elon wall connectors were from referral awards only ...however I do have a receipt for the Elon connector as well as a purchased gen 2 connector DM me your email and I will forward to you

If you bought it yourself and it’s under your account - call Tesla and warranty it. If you bought it off the classifieds or similar, you will be SOL.

Unfortunately it's nearly 4 years old, so no longer under warranty . Although I did buy it directly from tesla. also, we had tremendous power surges and more than a few things burned out. what surprised me was that Tesla doesn't offer to repair them even for a price. I haven't called them to check on parts, so I'll do that next.