Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need help troubleshooting Powerwall issues (no Powerwall in app)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

I am a Model 3 owner, but I am on here trying to help my friend who's been having issues with his Powerwall/Solar setup he had installed early June. He submitted a ticket with customer support over a month ago now and they still haven't gotten back to him (they say they are slammed), so I'm reaching out to the community for help incase anyone else has had this issue.

He had the Tesla solar and powerwall 2 installed June 6th/7th. All the work (including city/utility insp) has been completed for over 5 weeks and he still has very limited app access (attached image shows all he can see). All he can see is basic solar info, no Powerwall and no utility/solar/powerwall flow page. The Powerwall is turned on with a solid green status bar, all the breakers are on, home internet is working, We've tried reseting the system as instructed in the owners manual with no luck.

Any ideas/suggestion are appreciated since we have no idea how long customer support will take.

IMG_2831.JPG

I just have Powerwalls from Tesla, my solar is third party, but the installers neglected to register the Powerwalls with the Tesla servers. I didn't have any access in the app until I self registered here: Tesla

Your friend might try the same thing to see if it helps.

I just have Powerwalls from Tesla, my solar is third party, but the installers neglected to register the Powerwalls with the Tesla servers. I didn't have any access in the app until I self registered here: Tesla

Your friend might try the same thing to see if it helps.

Wow that’s probably it.. I went over to his house and registered it. Thank you!

I’ll report back in a day or two when it’s hopefully online.

Well that fixed it. Its pretty sad though that Tesla let him go 5 weeks (maybe would have been more) and all it was a form to submit. The powerwall has been in reserve mode this whole time by default so it wasn't even working in the background.

Tesla Powerall support seems to be behind the curve right now. My experiences with them have not been good. When I called in, the rep I talked to clearly had an idea of how to get me off the phone and stuck to her guns even when there was clear evidence that what she was saying was not true.

• Informative
Reactions: NuShrike