Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need some help deciding on what to do in this situation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MYP recently, then 3 days later I hit a deer, the car seemed just fine to drive, so I continued to do so while I wait for my insurance to give me an estimate for the shop, very little damage (idk how to post photos here yet, sorry)
So 5 days go by, and on the fifth day my windshield wipers stopped working and the slightly damaged headlight stopped working as well, then in the app it told my the 12v battery connection was lose, then disconnected, I decided I’ll go home and try to connect it myself, but I noticed the car was then telling me it may randomly shut down, and that it might not be able to start driving again after this drive ends, so about 5 min into my drive home, the car starts freaking out, red on the screen, telling me to pull over and the vehicle is shutting down and a few min after I pulled over, I heard a little thump or a clunk in what seemed like the trunk, maybe the battery? I told Tesla about that through text and they seemed confused as well, mind you the vehicle was sitting absolutely still and in park for over a minute, this happened before my drive as well, my gf was sitting in the car while I was at work and she heard it 2-3 times as well, and she was just sitting in the car listening to music, enjoying the car while waiting for me to get out of work, anyway once I heard it we got out, I called Tesla and they connected to my vehicle and told me they are getting a lot more warnings than they would get if it’s just the 12V, and they said “oh yeah, let’s get this towed to our service center” and I TOLD THEM it was damaged from a deer at that point, but they proceeded anyway, fast forward a few days and they tell me they can’t work on the vehicle because it’s damaged, and I have to bring it to an auto body shop first, and I’ll get charged if it’s not moved ASAP, over a month later (today actually) the vehicle is done and I’m going to get it, I mentioned to them that I couldn’t even drive it, and asked if it’s drivable, I see through the Tessie app they drove it multiple times throughout the month, and once up to 51 MPH, so I think it’s safe to say it drives, the question is, should I now finally take it to the Tesla service center? I just want my car back already, sucks to have it for 22 minutes on the drive to the Tesla center that made me tow it away to the body shop in the first place, sorry this was lengthy, but I appreciate anyone who reads this and offers some valuable input and opinions, thank you and happy (late) thanksgiving!

Did they answer your questions about the "sounds"? Just curious.
Not at all, they said “ohhh really so maybe the battery?” They were kinda pulling things out of their ass it seemed, once I told them it came from a Tesla certified body shop, they kinda weren’t interested and told me it’s definitely fine, but I ended up doing my own research and I found it it may have been the battery connectors doing their thing, connecting and disconnecting, if you look it up, it seems like this is a normal thing or at least not a bad thing, and some peoples “clunks” are loud and multiple at once unlike mine, kind subtle and just one knock only

Upvote 0