Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need some help getting my Tesla Charger to synch with my Wi-Fi ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a new owner and I had a Tesla charger installed recently.

However, I can't get my phone to connext to 192.168.92.1 ???

That's the address on the QR Code, that's supposed to open in order to configure the Charger ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Tesla is of no help whatsoever !!!

To set up the wall connector or change its settings, you need to attach directly to the wall connector from your device on its own network:

1) Press and hold the button on the wall connector handle for 5 - 10 seconds until the LEDs on the wall connector change. This makes the wall connector broadcast its SSID that you want to connect to. The wall connector will allow you to connect for 5 minutes before timing out. If it times out, you must start this step all over again.
2) Go into your device's WiFi, and browse for the connection called TeslaWallConnector_. Select that connection and enter the provided password from the wall connector installation brochure. You are now connected directly to the wall connector from your device on the wall connector's own network.
3) Go to the Web Browser on your device, and enter 192.168.92.1 as the web site. You can now see and change the wall connector settings.
4) When done, remember to go back into WiFi settings on your device and make sure you are reconnected back to your normal WiFi network connection if your were previously connected to WiFi on your device.

To set up the wall connector or change its settings, you need to attach directly to the wall connector from your device on its own network:

1) Press and hold the button on the wall connector handle for 5 - 10 seconds until the LEDs on the wall connector change. This makes the wall connector broadcast its SSID that you want to connect to. The wall connector will allow you to connect for 5 minutes before timing out. If it times out, you must start this step all over again.
2) Go into your device's WiFi, and browse for the connection called TeslaWallConnector_. Select that connection and enter the provided password from the wall connector installation brochure. You are now connected directly to the wall connector from your device on the wall connector's own network.
3) Go to the Web Browser on your device, and enter 192.168.92.1 as the web site. You can now see and change the wall connector settings.
4) When done, remember to go back into WiFi settings on your device and make sure you are reconnected back to your normal WiFi network connection if your were previously connected to WiFi on your device.
Thank you very much for the help. My charger is connected and I'm ready for my new car !!! Tesla's directions for the charger were of no value at all, nor was I able to solicit any kind of help from Tesla.

Reactions: DerbyDave