Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need that last push??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are many sounds associated with antiquated machines that nobody hears anymore. :) Typewriters, VCR's, etc. Interesting in their time, but now irrelevant and easily forgotten. Those things weren't destructive either - things that are, are even easier to eschew.

Got mine on Friday.
Here's my personal answer: there is no rational excuse to buy the P85D and not the S85D.
But the exhilarating feeling of driving the P85D makes that seem completely meaningless and silly.
The car is insane. In every single good meaning of the word. It will make you forget any car you've driven before. The quiet whistling sound as you accelerate is addictive - I often turn of the music simply because I want to hear the car (or not hear, depending on how you look at it).
So if this isn't a financial hardship, if the extra EUR 20k are something you can afford. By all means, yes, buy the P85D

Wellllll, I have the now "old, slow, unaware" P-less S85 made in December 2013 and without all the new doodads like autopilot. And yet, I still feel all the exhilaration expressed by dirkhh. So I have to recommend purchasing a Model S of any variety. It's nice that I'm already preaching to the converted!!