Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need to buy an Android phone, which one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any modern Android phone will work with the Model 3. It's Bluetooth, nothing fancy.
That is definitely not true. My Moto G4 (unlocked and on Verizon, but that shouldn't matter) doesn't work too well with the Model 3. I need to toggle airplane mode every single time I want it to unlock the car. And that is after I made sure that the Tesla app is not "battery optimized." Before doing that, I could never get it to connect, period.

You could also get an older Galaxy S7 Edge or something similar for $200 - $300 or so if you shop around and don't need the latest device out there. My family has practiced "trickle down phones" for years. My mom just inherited my S7 Edge, which I inherited last year. Previously she (and I) had the Nexus 5, Nexus 4, etc.:)

You can probably save some money and get a Pixel 2 XL as they will / are discounted because of the upcoming Pixel 3. I have the original Pixel XL and it is a great phone. It even opens the Model 3, most of the time. I do need to have the Model 3 selected in the App (instead of our X)