Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need to charge - Big Bear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! I wanted to say thank you so much for your help. I ended up with about 17% this morning and although I probably could have risked it, I stopped by Sierra Blue Suites for an hour and a half while grabbing lunch to get my battery to 33%. I then made it down the hill with about 37% charge!
So you ended up gaining 4% going down the hill? That's even better than what abrp predicted:)

Reactions: ElectricIAC
The only thing that’ll burn you in a situation like that is traffic. Once you’re moving and on the descent you’re fine. I gain typically 1% per 2,000’ or so. But you have to get to the descent point and be attentive to your driving and spacing from anyone else to maximize your regen. Keep in mind it likely will be limited due to cold battery. Any time you use your brakes, you’ve lost regen. I could see someone running out of juice if they were sitting in traffic on 330 or 18. It can get bad if you leave at the wrong time. Good luck.

FWIW I once left lake arrowhead (couldn’t find the superchargers - found out later where they are) with 9% and rolled into Highland with 13%.

There are also superchargers in Redlands about 2-3 miles further.

There are two CCS stations. One in Blue Jay and one just outside big bear city proper heading towards the airport. Problem is they are run by Loop which is the absolute worst for keeping their crap up and running. 70% of the time, their stations are down hard or non responsive. Which sucks because blue Jay is just a few months old and is perfectly located to avoid the crowds at the lake arrowhead supercharger. All this assumes you have a CCS adapter and the car can use it