Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need to know how to get parts to repair my model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a small accident with my M3. No great damage and everything works. I went to my local repair shop and I need 2 parts. Bumper and left side whatever. The parts are under $700 but with labor it comes out to over $2100. They've repaired Telsas and get parts from local service center. Well....service center doesn't have a parts department any more and they had to register online with Telsa and provide all sorts of doc that they were a repair shop, etc. This was mid December and they still haven;t heard back. Anyone have a phone number or do I have to go to service center and ask to speak with manager, should I tweet Elon?

Open a service request from the Tesla app. Choose other and write that you want to order these parts. Specifically mention each part. And you’ll have to schedule an appointment, pick the soonest date. Someone will eventually message you via the app.

Or if you live relatively close to a service center, pop in and ask about them.

Also, in my experience, as long as I have a scheduled appointment, someone at the service center picks up the phone.

Good luck!

Reactions: DaveG_NJ
I live about 10 minutes from service center. I "popped" in and they handed me the same paperwork they gave to body shop. As for the phone, they are like the CIA. No published phone number. I DO have 2 phone numbers of mobile techs. I was thinking of calling them up.
I might try opening service request option. Thank you.

Just f.y.I. When I have had cars repaired in the past (non Tesla) waiting on parts has always been the longest part of the job. I remember having to wait so long once that the rental car from insurance ran out! I was able to get it extended, but still, must have been a month, at least.
You might also look here for someone selling the parts you need or maybe a wrecked car for sale that has what you need, undamaged.

Open a service request from the Tesla app. Choose other and write that you want to order these parts. Specifically mention each part. And you’ll have to schedule an appointment, pick the soonest date. Someone will eventually message you via the app.

Or if you live relatively close to a service center, pop in and ask about them.

Also, in my experience, as long as I have a scheduled appointment, someone at the service center picks up the phone.

Good luck!

I made a service appointment and told them I didn't want a repair estimate I wanted parts. The guy from the service center called and said to email [email protected]. I told the body shop about this a week ago, haven't heard back. So I am either going to use a Tesla certified repair shop or I won't fix it. Car works and the body shop gave me a $2100 quote and only 1/3 of that is on parts, the rest almost all labor.
I'm debating upgrading but 10K for FSD and it still isn't out yet. Even Bill Gates delivered Windows versions faster