Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need to replace my tires on my Model Y. I live in Florida and my main concern that the tires are quiet. Very little road noise. Any suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to replace my tires on my Model Y. I live in Florida and my main concern that the tires are quiet. Very little road noise. Any suggestions?
Those qualities are considered desirable but your thread is unclear:

Are you concerned about quietness so you would like third-party tires to defeat that in order to alleviate your concern?

You did not state whether you currently have the 19" Gemini wheels with the Continental Procontact RX tires or the 20" Wheels with the Goodyear Eagle F1 tires. The OE tires have a foam insert that cuts down on some of the tire noise (different from road noise.)

If you have the 19" Gemini wheels then check out TireRack.com for the Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack.

If you have the 20" Induction wheels then check out the new Michelin Pilot Sport EV.

Reactions: Anser and Suns_PSD
You can also ask Tesla. If you go with a third party installer, check the reviews and ask to make sure they are familiar with Teslas and have rubber pads for the jack points. If they don't, you can get rubber hockey pucks (or similar). You'll want to do an alignment / balance after the installation.

Also if you're not sure whether you need new tires, this will help you check / confirm that:

Google knows everything

I would be more concerned with how the tires perform with both the high road summer temperatures and the ability to prevent hydroplaning in heavy Florida thunderstorms.

Reactions: alangold