Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need to reset screen every day for 3G cellular to work.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When it fails, drive to the service center with the connection out. Hopefully they can then see the actual problem. If a reboot fixes it there, the problem isn't lack of coverage. It's an inability to stay connected or reacquire the signal.

This issue seemed to have corrected itself for a time. However, the last few days it seems to be back in the cycle of having to reboot the 17" screen to get 3G to connect... I don't believe the "bad coverage area" excuse. I have been all over town in areas that typically have full signal strength.

The past month or so I have had a similar issues I never had before with my 3G setup, driving up stretches of the NY Thruway as well as around White Plains, NY -- I see full 3G signal bars, but I lose internet radio completely (I just get the spinning circle), I lose voice command (it shows as "unavailable"), one of my favorite features of the car (though too limited), and my google maps go to empty grids.
I don't see how I can show full bars of 3G and have this be ATT's fault, and feel it must be my Tesla, but then again, unlike probably most of you, I an running in V6.2, not 7.1 on my Tesla! And never had this problem before. Hopefully, when V8 comes out, we'll know for sure ( but then again, tesla is incentivized not to fix this problem, if they can fix it from their end -- they'd rather I spend the money upgrading my radio...). We'll see in a month or two. In the meantime, reboot....

My car started having this issue after the 2.28.19 update. I normally park in an underground carpark with no cellular reception. Before this update, it only took a few seconds to reestablish 3G connection after coming out of the carpark. Now it would not reconnect unless I do a reboot.