Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need y’all’s help please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I have a 2022 model Y performance and I love everything about the car except one thing, the actual driving experience.

I’ve had the car since June and I love how it looks and how fast it is and the technology that’s in it but when I drive the thing, I am constantly having to pop my ears and I always feel pressure in my head and around my eyes which makes me dizzy the longer I drive. I’ve seen numerous posts on Reddit posts about adding vinyl tubing to the hatch area and playing with the hatch stops and even though I tried that, nothing has helped.

My ask of the Tesla community is to let me know what else I can try before I have to start considering trading it in for something else.

Would downsizing the wheels from 21 to 19 help or would changing the suspension help with that? I am so stuck on what to do and I don’t want to easily give up and trade the car in because I really do love Tesla and the community.

Thank you all!

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Do you have any similar difficulty with your ears and eyes when driving a different vehicle (other than the Tesla?) Even if you don't currently wear glasses maybe you should have your eyes examined and/or your prescription checked (I'm being serious.) You should have your eyes checked for glaucoma; also be checked by a doctor for high blood pressure.

Last edited:
Do you have any similar difficulty with your ears and eyes when driving a different vehicle (other than the Tesla?) Even if you don't currently wear glasses maybe you should have your eyes examined and/or your prescription checked (I'm being serious.) You should have your eyes checked for glaucoma.
I drove a Buick enclave recently and I didn’t have that issue at all

I don't have any uncomfortable feelings driving my MYP but I saw people discussing it. Maybe you can find something useful there

I don't have any uncomfortable feelings driving my MYP but I saw people discussing it. Maybe you can find something useful there

I personally know somebody who has pain with Model Ys and Mach-Es and no pain with ICE. He posted in the thread above too.

The OP might have a different issue though... I've heard the Y does generate some pressure changes while in motion.

Reactions: atlchamp
You could have the tires checked to see if a tire is out of round (belts have shifted). Have the wheels balanced and if that does not help there is also road force balancing (a more advanced form of wheel balancing.) Have an alignment performed.

Reactions: atlchamp
I don't feel pressure; however, there is a boominess when driving over bumps and any road imperfections. Sounds like deep bass thumps at times. Perhaps some folks may be more sensitive to this noise than others? It does get annoying after a while. I have tried adjusting the hatch with little to no improvement. Others have also suggested a cover for the hatch area to reduce this noise.

I would recommend to experiment with each window while driving. Try to open one window a little then open more. What happens if you crack open two windows? See if the pressure feel changes.
Maybe, just maybe it's because Tesla has better seal than regular ICE vehicle? If this is the case then sealing gaps won't help.

Last edited:
Reactions: MyMYLRnw
I have a similar issue in mine. I usually roll down or even just crack two windows at a time. Doing just one actually makes it worse for me. So I might roll down the left front and left rear together (or the two right side windows together). This usually relieves the issue but it's just a Band-Aid. I have not been able to "fix" the car so the issue goes away.

I have a similar issue in mine. I usually roll down or even just crack two windows at a time. Doing just one actually makes it worse for me. So I might roll down the left front and left rear together (or the two right side windows together). This usually relieves the issue but it's just a Band-Aid. I have not been able to "fix" the car so the issue goes away.
Believe it or not, if I roll both my front windows down, I get bad buffeting…it’s crazy

Reactions: Srad600Volt