Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need y’all’s help please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a similar issue in mine. I usually roll down or even just crack two windows at a time. Doing just one actually makes it worse for me. So I might roll down the left front and left rear together (or the two right side windows together). This usually relieves the issue but it's just a Band-Aid. I have not been able to "fix" the car so the issue goes away.
If you turn Climate control to vent from outside and increase fan speed (up to max) does it make the issue better or worse?
We need to identify if it's a positive or negative pressure that creates this issue.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
Believe it or not, if I roll both my front windows down, I get bad buffeting…it’s crazy
Same. I don't open them across the car (left front + right front), just front to back (left front + left rear). OR I open all four.

If you turn Climate control to vent from outside and increase fan speed (up to max) does it make the issue better or worse?
We need to identify if it's a positive or negative pressure that creates this issue.
Not sure, I haven't tried that. But I'll give it a go.

Not sure how wheel changes will help with cabin pressure? If you open only the front windows you will get buffeting. You need to open the front a touch and the rear to release the buffet of pressure. It’s just a tight car, maybe not for your temperament.

Does your car make snare drum (higher pitch) sounds from trunk hatch area when going over bumpy roads? This might indicate trunk is not aligned well and is not closing properly. Instead it might be bobbing up and down which would change cabin pressure often. I too had issues you described. I noticed the issues went away after I had my trunk adjusted to rectify some panel gaps. My trunk stopped making the snare drum sounds after the adjustment too. My car was sent to a body shop so not sure what they did exactly.

Does your car make snare drum (higher pitch) sounds from trunk hatch area when going over bumpy roads? This might indicate trunk is not aligned well and is not closing properly. Instead it might be bobbing up and down which would change cabin pressure often. I too had issues you described. I noticed the issues went away after I had my trunk adjusted to rectify some panel gaps. My trunk stopped making the snare drum sounds after the adjustment too. My car was sent to a body shop so not sure what they did exactly.
Did you go to service center? What all happened?

I will try and find the thread
Here you go

Did you go to service center? What all happened?
If you search my posts you’ll find the thread with details and photos. I had many panel gaps and was considering selling the car due to my ears hurting and I thought car was too loud and too rough of ride for my tastes. Yes I did test drive a few times. My car had panel gaps which I thought would prevent someone fro. Buying the car so I wanted to get them addressed as best I could. I took it to a SC which agreed all but one of my concerns were out of spec (abnormal). They sent car to body shop. Car came back with all gaps corrected even the one tesla said was ok. Trunk area had gaps so trunk was adjusted.
After I got car back it was much quieter in cabin since trunk was not thrashing g around and my ears stopped feeling like they needed to be popped often.
I decided to keep the car. Around 5,000 miles the ride improved more. Less road rumble transmitted from model y performance 21 inch tires due to them breaking in. Also the suspension got a bit less harsh.

Hi everyone, so here are some pictures of my hatch when it is closed and to me, it looks like the right side has a wider gap than the left side.

With that being said, even though I’ve already adjusted my hatch stops do you guys believe that there could be an alignment issue with my hatch? Should I try removing the vinyl tubing that I put into the seal around the hatch?

Attachments

• D66C897E-FA5F-4797-9521-B504CD79F2F2.jpeg
    D66C897E-FA5F-4797-9521-B504CD79F2F2.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 72
  • A01180C7-D6C6-43F3-BF46-0E2058CE4DBC.jpeg
    A01180C7-D6C6-43F3-BF46-0E2058CE4DBC.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 820A08FC-540A-4CBA-88C9-61F911E5F7AC.jpeg
    820A08FC-540A-4CBA-88C9-61F911E5F7AC.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 47
  • BB60F160-9FFE-494B-BFF1-7B8E974E57A5.jpeg
    BB60F160-9FFE-494B-BFF1-7B8E974E57A5.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 47
atlchamp: How did you adjust the hatch stops? It's rather tedious, if done properly. I had to do mine 3 different times until I got it right.

I started by screwing the 2 side stops IN so they weren't touching, then adjusted the corner stops until the hatch had equal gaps on both sides. Then I used a long slip of paper on the side stops, between the stop and the hatch, gradually turning the stops until the paper couldn't be slipped out. Double checked the corners, with slips of paper.

It requires opening/closing the hatch several times, and even with a helper, it's tedious. ALL FOUR STOPS should grab the paper so it can't be pulled out.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: xcyber
atlchamp: How did you adjust the hatch stops? It's rather tedious, if done properly. I had to do mine 3 different times until I got it right.

I started by screwing the 2 side stops IN so they weren't touching, then adjusted the corner stops until the hatch had equal gaps on both sides. Then I used a long slip of paper on the side stops, between the stop and the hatch, gradually turning the stops until the paper couldn't be slipped out. Double checked the corners, with slips of paper.

It requires opening/closing the hatch several times, and even with a helper, it's tedious. ALL FOUR STOPS should grab the paper so it can't be pulled out.

I hope this helps.

Here is a video of my hatch stops with the paper test. What do you think?