Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need your help - your experience with the Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I'm a UI/UX designer on a mission to design an improved Tesla app.

With the official Tesla app, there seems to be room for improvement in functionality and usability. While alternative apps like Remote S provide lots of functionality, they further sacrifice usability. A compromise definitely exists.

Since I don't have access to the user data that influenced Tesla's current app design, I've put together a short survey (less than 10 questions).

If you've got a few minutes, I would really appreciate it!

Tesla App User Experience Survey

Your question asks how often I use the Tesla app but it doesn't ask how often I use other apps like Remote S. I almost never use the Tesla app as I prefer Remote S. So my answers would be skewed by this. For example, I never use the Tesla app for climate control but I use Remote S daily for climate control.

Your question asks how often I use the Tesla app but it doesn't ask how often I use other apps like Remote S. I almost never use the Tesla app as I prefer Remote S. So my answers would be skewed by this. For example, I never use the Tesla app for climate control but I use Remote S daily for climate control.
I agree, this survey is flawed.

Also, it doesn't seem to be interested in iOS vs. Android information. Not sure of the significance of that, although it seems from the exclusive mention of Remote S in the post that iOS is the target rather than the other 81% of the audience.

A new player has an uphill battle to outdo Dashboard for Tesla in the Android world. That's why I couldn't answer the survey -- haven't used the Tesla app in a very long time because I use Dashboard exclusively, and it is constantly being improved.

Also, it doesn't seem to be interested in iOS vs. Android information. Not sure of the significance of that, although it seems from the exclusive mention of Remote S in the post that iOS is the target rather than the other 81% of the audience.
I don't want to get into a iOS vs. Android debate but the last time I saw a survey of Tesla owners it was close to an even split as Apple tends to have much higher market share in higher income demographics - like the people that can afford >$100k vehicles. But that will likely skew more towards Android as the Model 3 deliveries start to roll out more.

I don't want to get into a iOS vs. Android debate but the last time I saw a survey of Tesla owners it was close to an even split as Apple tends to have much higher market share in higher income demographics - like the people that can afford >$100k vehicles. But that will likely skew more towards Android as the Model 3 deliveries start to roll out more.
So about half of the 3% of Tesla owners who are TMC members and the 10% of that 3% who answer surveys (which are all expertly written to avoid biasing the results).

Yeah, not confident in the validity.