Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I never have to touch the wheel in NoA or FSD Beta

So when I first picked up my car, August 2020, the steering wheel was at a pretty obvious angle while the car was driving straight. Tesla service performed an alignment and that fixed it, but since that alignment I’ve never had to touch the steering wheel while in NoA, and the same with fsd beta. I can confidently say that I can drive through city traffic for miles and drive hours on the highway without a single hand prompt. When the car changes lanes, there is a brief blue flash then the car changes lane without me touching the wheel.
I’ve reported it to service multiple times and across 3 different locations, but the service appointment gets canceled and I’m told I need to read the manual…”the car knows when you are paying attention and only alerts for hand use when you are not”.
My concern is that with Tesla now being able to detect cheat devices, they will think I have one installed and kick me out of beta and maybe risk my fsd package.
Should I waste more of my time trying to get service to take my concern seriously? Or should I be happy I have a unicorn with a steering issue that will never need wheel torque?

ElectricIAC

Good-Natured Rascal
Dec 31, 2019
Tesla Friendly Place
So when I first picked up my car, August 2020, the steering wheel was at a pretty obvious angle while the car was driving straight. Tesla service performed an alignment and that fixed it, but since that alignment I’ve never had to touch the steering wheel while in NoA, and the same with fsd beta. I can confidently say that I can drive through city traffic for miles and drive hours on the highway without a single hand prompt. When the car changes lanes, there is a brief blue flash then the car changes lane without me touching the wheel.
I’ve reported it to service multiple times and across 3 different locations, but the service appointment gets canceled and I’m told I need to read the manual…”the car knows when you are paying attention and only alerts for hand use when you are not”.
My concern is that with Tesla now being able to detect cheat devices, they will think I have one installed and kick me out of beta and maybe risk my fsd package.
Should I waste more of my time trying to get service to take my concern seriously? Or should I be happy I have a unicorn with a steering issue that will never need wheel torque?
Our P3D did exactly the same thing after an alignment at the SC.

I would say, don’t question it.

RoBoRaT

PoPeYe D' SaiLoR DuDe
Nov 22, 2018
NorthSoCal
I wonder what is the Steering Offset on your car. Mind checking via the in-car Service Mode?

Attachments

• 20221125_190304.jpg
    20221125_190304.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 121
  • 20221125_190416.jpg
    20221125_190416.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 20221125_190433.jpg
    20221125_190433.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC