TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I never knew Toyota had an EV

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by daniel, Oct 27, 2006.

1. david_42

david_42 Member

Had is the word, 1998-2002. Mainly leased, but a few were sold towards the end. The official site is history, as is the vehicle. Shades of EV1.

2. danny

danny Administrator

you can buy phoenix motorcars suv with 250miles range and save money

3. Michael

Michael Member

I hope that Phoenix Motorcars will begin selling soon so that we can begin the competition. But, according to them, it will be several years before they are ready to sell to the public.

4. DDB

DDB Member

Anyone have a clue what the Phoenix SUV will cost? That's the first I've seen of that vehicle. Darn good looking and cars outfitted with optional ranges are a great idea if it'll drive the cost down. So, what does it cost, even at the fleet level?

5. danny

danny Administrator

6. Michael

Michael Member

Phoenix expects to make ~245k in ZEV credits in addition to whatever they actually sell the vehicle for, but this appears to only be true if the vehicles are sold in California.

Makes me think that the price will be quite different once the vehicle is available outside California to the general public.