TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

I no longer own a Nissan Leaf!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by rw86347, Dec 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. rw86347

rw86347 Member

Today I handed the keys to my Leaf back to Nissan. I also said it is a shame that Nissan is not keeping up with Tesla.

As soon as I get back from the Bahamas, I have my appointment to pick up my tesla!!!

• Like x 17
  2. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Very nice!

3. SUMD

SUMD Member

Congrats!

4. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

Welcome to the family. :)

5. hsglia

hsglia Member

i just bought a new Nissan Leaf 2016 S. ...for my daugher who drives only around town. need to get her electrified. after all rebates i paid $14722. thats hard to beat!

• Like x 2
  6. hsglia

hsglia Member

oops of course i still drive my models S 85

7. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with the Leaf. It's not a Tesla but it's been, and is, the perfect car for my teenage daughters to drive on electric and keep them close to home. I even find my wife driving it sometimes instead of her BMW. It's a little unfair to tell Nissan to keep up with Tesla since the Leaf is in a completely different category than a Tesla, and it bridged a big gap for me for many years, until Tesla's Model 3, which will come to Canada who knows when. I wasn't about to buy a Tesla for my daughters. The Leaf has been a blessing.

Congratulation on your Tesla.

• Like x 2
  8. henderrj

henderrj Member

And I drive a Kia Soul EV. Maybe it'll hold me over until I finally sell my patent and then can get that p100d! Or until the model 3 comes in. Then again, I may prefer a CPO Model S. I guess I'll find out when they let me know the 3 configurater is live.

9. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

I was ubered to LAX by a KIA soul ev this morning.........it is perfect for local jaunts. The driver loved his and is also on the M3 wait list. He named his whipper-snapper.

10. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Congrats! You will never regret it.

11. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

I have been very happy with my Leaf over the past two years. I haven't regretted once getting rid of my BMW 550i and switching to the Leaf. Now I am looking forward to Tuesday when my P100D is supposed to be ready for me to pick up.

• Like x 4
  12. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

"keep them close to home" As a dad of teenager, that is a fringe benefit of short range EV's I hadn't considered!

13. kort677

kort677 Active Member

you're right, it's a hard price point to beat. in the right situations it is a great if spartan little car.
    I see no reason to bash the leaf, I owned one and found that it's limited range did not suit my needs so I graduated to the top of the food chain by getting a tesla

• Like x 1
  14. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Both the Leaf and the Kia Soul EV are pretty great deals. If you're in the right markets the iMIEV, various Renault, VW eGolf and a few others are options that are cheap and practical. I have driven several different EV's and have liked them all, except the BMW i3. I hope the NA markets sees the growth in market participants that we have postulated.
    If I needed a second car for local use in Florida I would snap up an off-lease Leaf as soon as possible.

15. pjoseph

pjoseph Member

Kept the Leaf. Get a kick out of zipping in it every now and then. It is an interesting comparison and 5 years of nostalgia. My boys are very close to starting driving and the Leaf will be their learning car.

• Like x 1
  16. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

My Leaf is great for commuting back and forth to work. My wife is amazed that I always seem to beat the Waze estimate of how long it is going to take me to get home when she always arrives later than the estimate, and the reason is that I can zip in and out of traffic easily in the Leaf because of its size and the immediate torque available from the electric motor. It also helps that I can use the HOV lane.

I know the Tesla is going to be much faster than the Leaf, but it is also going to be a lot bigger so not sure if it will be as nimble in traffic. I guess I will find out next week when I pick up my MS.

17. Bheuring

Bheuring Member

I have both love my S but really like my leaf gust wish the battery was better and went further my son is 14 I'm going to give it to him when he 16 maybe try to find a salvaged battery pack go through and pick out all the good cells and see if I can get it to go about 150 miles

• Disagree x 1
  18. mecfire

mecfire Member

congrats!

19. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Active Member

When we picked up our Tesla, we no longer owned an ICE, but still owned our LEAF. All electric for the win! :) Though when Model 3 starts shipping we likely will no longer own a LEAF as well.

• Like x 1
  20. jrreno

jrreno Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

Congrats on the Tesla! We also leased a Leaf before we bought our Tesla. It was a great car for around town but was not practical as our only car. The Tesla is our only car and it more than fills the need.
    My experience with the Nissan dealership cemented my opinion that Tesla made a wise choice in not depending on franchised dealerships for sales.

• Like x 1