Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I now need to drive at 285wh/mi to achieve rated range (X75D)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting frustrated since the last update:

I Lost 7 miles of range at 100 percent charge. now 215 mi instead of 222 miles

Not only that but now I need to drive at a LOWER wh/mi than the rated 311wh/mi or so shown on my consumption screen as rated consumption to achieve that 215 miles of real range.

From multiple trips I need to now drive at 285wh/mi to get the rated range...this is NOT what was advertised by Tesla and they seem to have changed that number somewhere in their rated range (but not on the consumption screen!) ..so that is 17 miles lost on the same trip before.

SO I lost 24 miles of actual range instantly!

That's not what I bought into! I know this was not a case before the update.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I am getting frustrated since the last update:

I Lost 7 miles of range at 100 percent charge. now 215 mi instead of 222 miles

Not only that but now I need to drive at a LOWER wh/mi than the rated 311wh/mi or so shown on my consumption screen as rated consumption to achieve that 215 miles of real range.

From multiple trips I need to now drive at 285wh/mi to get the rated range...this is NOT what was advertised by Tesla and they seem to have changed that number somewhere in their rated range (but not on the consumption screen!) ..so that is 17 miles lost on the same trip before.

SO I lost 24 miles of actual range instantly!

That's not what I bought into! I know this was not a case before the update.

Lucky you, mine is a 2018 MX 75D and I never got real world range of more than about 124 miles MAX since I bought this damn car. I drive extremely conservatively and yet never ever got more than 124 miles at 100% charge.

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: P85_DA and gangzoom
Lucky you, mine is a 2018 MX 75D and I never got real world range of more than about 124 miles MAX since I bought this damn car. I drive extremely conservatively and yet never ever got more than 124 miles at 100% charge.

Something is seriously wrong with your car. I’ve gotten 100 miles out of a 2016 MX75D while towing a trailer at 70mph on the 22” turbines and that included several thousand feet of elevation climb. 150 miles is a piece of cake on 20s with a lead foot and I regularly get 180 real world miles out of my 75D if I charge to 100%.

My average consumption of 20” cyclones is 370-380 wh/mi. On 22 turbines it was 410-425wh/mi. If need be, I can drop my wh/mi to about 180-220wh/mi to squeeze range. (Chill Mode/AC Off/Range Mode) for those oh crap need an extra 20 miles moments.

S75D 2.0AP range mode ON and consider chill mode ON if you're a lead foot driver. Seat heat OFF. Sentry OFF. Cabin overheat OFF. And you might get 75% of rated range if only freeway driving LOL. City driving kills it. I lost about 10 rated miles in the last few updates it seems (2019.20.4) my 90% is 210 with 42K miles on the car (it was 230 new).

3 gets much closer to rated miles.

I have the dreaded 90kw battery and have only lost 5 miles at 45k miles. New, I got 257. Now, charged to 100% yesterday, I got 252. And I am on the latest update. I rarely use superchargers. And, I rarely charge above 90%. I took a 170 mile trip yesterday averaging 75 to 80 mph and arrived at destination with 20% charge remaining.

S75D 2.0AP range mode ON and consider chill mode ON if you're a lead foot driver. Seat heat OFF. Sentry OFF. Cabin overheat OFF. And you might get 75% of rated range if only freeway driving LOL. City driving kills it. I lost about 10 rated miles in the last few updates it seems (2019.20.4) my 90% is 210 with 42K miles on the car (it was 230 new).

3 gets much closer to rated miles.
received 2019.24.4 on AP2 Model S and car started to charge again after update - now to 221 miles (new was 230 (90%) max 100% new was 260). That's only a 4% loss in 42K miles - not bad? Did they adjust the 90% mark on this update after complaints?