Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I ordered an brand new X OMG!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been trying to buy a used X 100D for weeks. Tesla has really dropped the price on used since Raven. They have been selling between $63k and $67k on their used site. Unfortunately I kept missing out on the deals because I have a life and wasnt refreshing the site every 30 minutes. After trying it for 2 days and still missing the deals I looked at the numbers.

$65k - $70k for a used 2016/2017 with AP 1 or 2. Used. Around 15,000 miles but mint. No unlimited supercharging

Vs

$90k for a fully loaded, modern, raven X. I selected 6 seat interior with black leather. Not including FSD but with unlimited supercharging

I just did this. I haven't sold it to the wife yet but after some work she was onboard with a used Model X. We aren't rich people by any means. I have done pretty well for myself but this is a big splurge. I was really hoping to find a used one in the $60s but I continually missed them. When I looked at the current price of the new Ravens that had unlimited supercharging it kinda made sense to buy new.

Am I crazy?

Last edited:
Congrats! I’m in the same boat, but I have 1 more month (lease return) before I need to pull the plug on a new car. I also think come September more deals might be out on the new X’s as Tesla will be scrambling to meet their sales guidance to Wall Street. Fingers crossed.

I have been trying to buy a used X 100D for weeks. Tesla has really dropped the price on used since Raven. They have been selling between $63k and $67k on their used site. Unfortunately I kept missing out on the deals because I have a life and wasnt refreshing the site every 30 minutes. After trying it for 2 days and still missing the deals I looked at the numbers.

$65k - $70k for a used 2016/2017 with AP 1 or 2. Used. Around 15,000 miles but mint. No unlimited supercharging

Vs

$90k for a fully loaded, modern, raven X. I selected 6 seat interior with black leather. Not including FSD but with unlimited supercharging

I just did this. I haven't sold it to the wife yet but after some work she was onboard with a used Model X. We aren't rich people by any means. I have done pretty well for myself but this is a big splurge. I was really hoping to find a used one in the $60s but I continually missed them. When I looked at the current price of the new Ravens that had unlimited supercharging it kinda made sense to buy new.

Am I crazy?
Im still struggling daily to figure out what to do as well. I just can't quite seem to wrap my head around a 90k car purchase. It doesn't make sense to me at this point to get an ICE car either. With a baby on the way a 3 is too small. Decisions! If anything though Id stick with a new as well. With what Ive been reading you want the latest versions of whatever component in your car. Congrats

Im still struggling daily to figure out what to do as well. I just can't quite seem to wrap my head around a 90k car purchase. It doesn't make sense to me at this point to get an ICE car either. With a baby on the way a 3 is too small. Decisions! If anything though Id stick with a new as well. With what Ive been reading you want the latest versions of whatever component in your car. Congrats
Honestly, Id take a basic 100D as long as it had 6 seats. The problem is that the cars in the $60s sell too fast and private owners want more than they are worth. I cant blame them, I make money on every car I have ever sold. I have seen 100Ds as cheap as $63k and as much as $72k with essentially the same features.

Compare that to this

2019, brand new. Brand new hardware. White exterior, all black interior. No FSD
That's it. Current Tesla ordering is super easy.
For this car it is $90k including all fees.

So IF you can find a used car in the price range I have seen them in, thats only a $18,000. I feel like at least 50% of that would be made up in resale value. Plus it is a 2016/2017 vs a 2019.

Then there is of course the new warranty, the raven motors and the 325 mile range. Oh and the newest AP hardware..... Ive seen used non raven, non hardware, non unlimited supercharging, non 100D sellers asking the same price or more. Brand new tesla X makes sense... Now I just need to convince my wife...

• Love
Reactions: Ocelot
I am in the same boat as you, started thinking I will buy used, I am looking for AP2 though. However, with the way the prices are crashing, I am worried that it will really crash even more vs the Ravens that are new and higher mileage. may be not. A six seater raven is not 90K before taxes. Its 90K + taxes.. isn't it?