Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I posted an ad before delivery to sell my model 3 and Tesla is now refusing to sell the vehicle to me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla community- I am just curious if anyone else has been in this situation before.

I ordered 2 cars and one of them was a Tesla model3. My plan was to take the first that first becomes available. I also listed both of the cars I ordered online for sale so that I can sell one of them that I didn't want.

Tesla initially scheduled a delivery for me in June but now they want to deliver it in February. Come the delivery date Tesla says that it's against their policy to not sell a car to someone who wants to sell the model3 immediately and have refused selling me the vehicle.

THEY ALSO SAID THEY SAW MY FACEBOOK AD TO SELL MY MODEL3 I ordered

Hello Tesla community- I am just curious if anyone else has been in this situation before.

I ordered 2 cars and one of them was a Tesla model3. My plan was to take the first that first becomes available. I also listed both of the cars I ordered online for sale so that I can sell one of them that I didn't want.

Tesla initially scheduled a delivery for me in June but now they want to deliver it in February. Come the delivery date Tesla says that it's against their policy to not sell a car to someone who wants to sell the model3 immediately and have refused selling me the vehicle.

(not moderation content, or representative of TMC, TMC moderators, or anyone other than jjrandorin the regular poster, not jjrandorin the moderator)
==========================

Tesla has a policy of not selling to resellers. You didnt even own the car yet, and were advertising to sell it. That doesnt make you an official reseller, but does show the intent to sell before you even take ownership of the vehicle.

As for your capital letter "THEY ALSO SAID THEY SAW MY FACEBOOK AD TO SELL MY MODEL 3 i ordered", my opinion is.... "And?"

That was obviously a public post, with no expectation of privacy to it. Why, in 2022 anyone would be in the least bit surprised that "something they posted publicly is actually public, and can be used against them" I dont know.

The amazing thing here is that Tesla is apparently scanning social media, finding cars for sale, and linking the accounts to customers and taking actions on that. 1) It's sort of disconcerting that they apparently employ people to snoop on customer's personal (if public) lives. 2) It's amazing they're actually competent at doing this.

Maybe they could instead employ those people to instead, oh, I don't know, pickup a damned customer service telephone instead.

The amazing thing here is that Tesla is apparently scanning social media, finding cars for sale, and linking the accounts to customers and taking actions on that. 1) It's sort of disconcerting that they apparently employ people to snoop on customer's personal (if public) lives. 2) It's amazing they're actually competent at doing this.

Maybe they could instead employ those people to instead, oh, I don't know, pickup a damned customer service telephone instead.
It could also be that they have automatic lookuo at different marketplaces ie facebook, Car resale pages etc etc..

Quite easy to setup and have it flag people reselling 2022 models..

It could also be that they have automatic lookuo at different marketplaces ie facebook, Car resale pages etc etc..

Quite easy to setup and have it flag people reselling 2022 models..
It could be simpler than I think. Nevertheless, I stand by my two bullet points. I guess I should insert "to me" after the first clause of each one to clarify that they're just my opinions.

Truly is! Who would have thought Tesla was organized enough to pull this off?

Resellers are the worst though and I'm glad they caught it. Not only would they make a profit for doing nothing, but it would add another owner to the VIN, and remove Lemon Law protection for the first real owner.

They also just read this...just sayin'...

Rolex Authorized Dealers will also "blacklist" you if they think you are a "flipper". Its about protecting the brand I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Earl