Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I propose a "Owner of the Year" award

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Broder incident and the team led by Aaron that's recreating the Broder trip got me to thinking. Why doesn't Tesla establish an "Owner of the Year" award in honor of the owner(s) who do the most for the Tesla and EV community each year?

To start it off, at least unofficially, I nominate Aaron, Ben, John, Jack, and the rest of the team that gave their time and commitment to the cause. George, are you listening?

Great idea! We should consider such an honorary title here on TMC too for folks who are on here.

Ben's my main man for all his efforts in spreading awareness and knowledge of Tesla and the S!!

Aaron and others are up there too now.

If we can do the Golden Globes instead of the Oscars, Jim (ModelS1079) is my nominee in the Comedy category ;)

Great idea! We should consider such an honorary title here on TMC too for folks who are on here.

Ben's my main man for all his efforts in spreading awareness and knowledge of Tesla and the S!!

Aaron and others are up there too now.

If we can do the Golden Globes instead of the Oscars, Jim (ModelS1079) is my nominee in the Comedy category ;)

+1, GG! No, make that +3!!

Actually I would favor tesla remembering who the earlier purchasers are and when wildly successful paying them back in someway. Like a steep discount on gen 3 car or whatever. All the early purchasers took a large risk and believed in the company putting their money where their mouths are.

You will need various categories to honor everyone that has contributed to the cause.
Model S Owner of the Year
Roadster Owner of the Year
Longest Road Trip
Best Blog Post
Best Tweet
Most Miles on a Single Charge
Lifetime Achievement Award
Best Use of the Supercharger Network
Best Insult in Reply to a J. Peterson Blog
Outstanding Achievement in Developing Apps
Outstanding Contribution by a Non-owner
Moderator of the Year
Outstanding Use of Humor (in a Post, Tweet or Blog)

The Broder incident and the team led by Aaron that's recreating the Broder trip got me to thinking. Why doesn't Tesla establish an "Owner of the Year" award in honor of the owner(s) who do the most for the Tesla and EV community each year?

To start it off, at least unofficially, I nominate Aaron, Ben, John, Jack, and the rest of the team that gave their time and commitment to the cause. George, are you listening?

Great idea.
Since it is very difficult to pick one person why not a Tesla Hall of Fame?
Identify several individuals each year who have gone some above and beyond.
Certainly Ben, John, Jack and the rest recreating the Broder trip are great candidates but there are so any others.

And then course we would have to have the Hall of Shame. Just kidding but it would be fun! My first two nominees are JP :mad:and Mr Broder:mad:

Last edited:
Don't forget Dave Metcalf and his son Adam - first 400 milers. Plus the OP said "Tesla and the EV community" so the research needs to go a little further than this weekend despite the great publicity raised #TeslaRoadTrip.

Thanks for remembering Dave Metcalf's 400 mile odyssey, NigelM. His was one of the first real time road trips all could follow while it happened. I've been disappointed that the promised blog co-written with J.B. Straubel never showed up on the Tesla Motors website. Tesla has been very busy in the last 6 months . . .