TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I pushed the button: Model Y reserved!

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by Alex#$, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Alex#$

Alex#$ Member

Hello everyone!

Well, I finally laid down the cash for my Model Y after months of researching on this forum and watching hours of Youtube content about Tesla/ Model 3/ Model Y. I'm excited to become a part of this community! I opted for the Model Y Long Range All-Wheel Drive in blue with the black interior and aero wheels. I intent to upgrade to FSD at a later date (probably right when I take delivery since I'll be so excited :D).

I currently live in Fairbanks, AK, which is not EV friendly by any measure. I belive there is currently only one single destination charger in the whole state of Alaska. Thankfully I will be moving out of AK in October which should be prior to taking delivery of my car (judging by my best guesstimate). I am upgrading from a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT which is a fun ride but gets hideous fuel economy and demands a costly maintance schedule. I'm so stoked to never visit a gas pump again!

Attached Files:

• Like x 6
    • Love x 1
  2. AhwatukeeDad

AhwatukeeDad Member

Congrats! A Tesla is an amazing car. You will love it.

3. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

One destination charger? We know how you feel. We have three destination chargers at hotels. We must be a customer to use them. But if we live here, we seldom (never) stay at a hotel to use the destination charger. We have 2,000+ Teslas on Oahu alone, and no place to charge but at our homes or in the wild. About half the owners can't charge at home, because their high rise can't support charging.

• Informative x 1
  4. Ludalicious

Ludalicious Active Member

Welcome. I had a 2014 suprercharged SRT Jeep. I absolutely loved it and miss it. I however dont miss Fully synthetic Oil changes, Differential/Transmission/transfer case service, New brakes every 20,000 km, Premium Only fuel, Led headlight issues, New fog & running lights yearly, Entire day at the stealerships for service.... I also dont miss being slayed by electric cars at stop lights

• Funny x 1
  5. TLej

TLej Little-Known Member

Those are the correct choices, congratulations! :D

6. Alex#$

Alex#$ Member

Thank you! I'm so excited! :D

7. Alex#$

Alex#$ Member

Yup. One destination charger at a hotel for the entire state. I think EVs are a hard sell in Alaska due to the extreme cold and huge distances between towns and major cities.

It's unfortunate that Tesla doesnt see the value in adding at least few Supercharger locations on the island. They are proabaly assuming all the owners there charge at home and never exhaust their car's range in a day.

8. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

No not the case. We know the problem. We've talked to Tesla many times. The problem is not Tesla. Its property owners. No one is willing to give up the space for Superchargers. Simple problem - complex fix. Doesn't stop us from whining like we don't know.

9. djino

djino Member

Congrats! I plan doing the same tomorrow (waiting for my credit card statement to close today haha :)).

I plan to opt for the Model Y LR AWD in white with white interior and aero wheels plus FSD.

djino

10. Bigbear503

Bigbear503 Member

Nice. I’ll be switching over to the Model Y from a 2015 Jeep SRT too. My wife just got her M3 and now going to get a Model Y. Excited!!

• Like x 2
  11. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

I believe there are superchargers planned in Alaska based on the info released by Tesla last week.

12. Bill_woolf

Bill_woolf Member

Ditto, ordered the same last week (1/14/2020). I'm going full Tesla, MY, Solar & PW2 to keep it juiced! Now I just need to talk my wife into a M3 to replace her 15 year old Camry (just went over 7,500 miles!! - and it's time to put this years gas in it...)

(not a typo... 2005 Camry with 7,500 miles... not one of my better investments - but then again, she loves it!!)

• Like x 1
  13. gamecox23

gamecox23 New Member

15 year old car with 7,500 miles, why even bother putting money into another car for 500 miles a year... You’d basically be paying $7 a mile just from the sticker price - Uber is cheaper than that!

14. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Keeping your wife happy is always money well spent!!!

• Like x 1