Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I pushed the button: Model Y reserved!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!

Well, I finally laid down the cash for my Model Y after months of researching on this forum and watching hours of Youtube content about Tesla/ Model 3/ Model Y. I'm excited to become a part of this community! I opted for the Model Y Long Range All-Wheel Drive in blue with the black interior and aero wheels. I intent to upgrade to FSD at a later date (probably right when I take delivery since I'll be so excited :D).

I currently live in Fairbanks, AK, which is not EV friendly by any measure. I belive there is currently only one single destination charger in the whole state of Alaska. Thankfully I will be moving out of AK in October which should be prior to taking delivery of my car (judging by my best guesstimate). I am upgrading from a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT which is a fun ride but gets hideous fuel economy and demands a costly maintance schedule. I'm so stoked to never visit a gas pump again!

Attachments

• Tesla.jpg
    Tesla.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 150
One destination charger? We know how you feel. We have three destination chargers at hotels. We must be a customer to use them. But if we live here, we seldom (never) stay at a hotel to use the destination charger. We have 2,000+ Teslas on Oahu alone, and no place to charge but at our homes or in the wild. About half the owners can't charge at home, because their high rise can't support charging.

• Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle
Hello everyone!

Well, I finally laid down the cash for my Model Y after months of researching on this forum and watching hours of Youtube content about Tesla/ Model 3/ Model Y. I'm excited to become a part of this community! I opted for the Model Y Long Range All-Wheel Drive in blue with the black interior and aero wheels. I intent to upgrade to FSD at a later date (probably right when I take delivery since I'll be so excited :D).

I currently live in Fairbanks, AK, which is not EV friendly by any measure. I belive there is currently only one single destination charger in the whole state of Alaska. Thankfully I will be moving out of AK in October which should be prior to taking delivery of my car (judging by my best guesstimate). I am upgrading from a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT which is a fun ride but gets hideous fuel economy and demands a costly maintance schedule. I'm so stoked to never visit a gas pump again!

Welcome. I had a 2014 suprercharged SRT Jeep. I absolutely loved it and miss it. I however dont miss Fully synthetic Oil changes, Differential/Transmission/transfer case service, New brakes every 20,000 km, Premium Only fuel, Led headlight issues, New fog & running lights yearly, Entire day at the stealerships for service.... I also dont miss being slayed by electric cars at stop lights

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki
One destination charger? We know how you feel. We have three destination chargers at hotels. We must be a customer to use them. But if we live here, we seldom (never) stay at a hotel to use the destination charger. We have 2,000+ Teslas on Oahu alone, and no place to charge but at our homes or in the wild. About half the owners can't charge at home, because their high rise can't support charging.

Yup. One destination charger at a hotel for the entire state. I think EVs are a hard sell in Alaska due to the extreme cold and huge distances between towns and major cities.

It's unfortunate that Tesla doesnt see the value in adding at least few Supercharger locations on the island. They are proabaly assuming all the owners there charge at home and never exhaust their car's range in a day.

No not the case. We know the problem. We've talked to Tesla many times. The problem is not Tesla. Its property owners. No one is willing to give up the space for Superchargers. Simple problem - complex fix. Doesn't stop us from whining like we don't know.

Hello everyone!

Congrats! I plan doing the same tomorrow (waiting for my credit card statement to close today haha :)).

I plan to opt for the Model Y LR AWD in white with white interior and aero wheels plus FSD.

djino

Yup. One destination charger at a hotel for the entire state. I think EVs are a hard sell in Alaska due to the extreme cold and huge distances between towns and major cities.

It's unfortunate that Tesla doesnt see the value in adding at least few Supercharger locations on the island. They are proabaly assuming all the owners there charge at home and never exhaust their car's range in a day.

I believe there are superchargers planned in Alaska based on the info released by Tesla last week.

Those are the correct choices, congratulations! :D
Ditto, ordered the same last week (1/14/2020). I'm going full Tesla, MY, Solar & PW2 to keep it juiced! Now I just need to talk my wife into a M3 to replace her 15 year old Camry (just went over 7,500 miles!! - and it's time to put this years gas in it...)

(not a typo... 2005 Camry with 7,500 miles... not one of my better investments - but then again, she loves it!!)

Reactions: TLej
Ditto, ordered the same last week (1/14/2020). I'm going full Tesla, MY, Solar & PW2 to keep it juiced! Now I just need to talk my wife into a M3 to replace her 15 year old Camry (just went over 7,500 miles!! - and it's time to put this years gas in it...)

(not a typo... 2005 Camry with 7,500 miles... not one of my better investments - but then again, she loves it!!)

15 year old car with 7,500 miles, why even bother putting money into another car for 500 miles a year... You’d basically be paying $7 a mile just from the sticker price - Uber is cheaper than that!

Keeping your wife happy is always money well spent!!!

Reactions: Ghanziang