Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I really like Hansshow Ultra Mini Screen Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought and installed Hansshow Ultra Mini Screen Display. I like looking straight rather than tilting my head to the right to look at Tesla monitor while driving. I also like to view the status of tire pressure all the time to make sure tire pressure is always good. It's relatively cheap price and pretty easy to install. It took me less than an hour to install. I highly recommend this product. The screen does not block any airflow from ventilation system. Personally I don't feel this product is a gimmick. Also this can be a useful back up screen in case the main Tesla monitor screen fails. I ordered the product last Saturday afternoon and received it the following Monday early morning (2 days delivery!!!!) and it was shipped very far away from China!!!!!

Peter

20221103_201554.jpg

Can you explain? Why is it necessary for the fonts to match? The new screen is pretty small and would be difficult to match the same fonts as main display.

Bottom line and personally I find the texts and fonts very well readable on new display. I try to ignore main display as much possible and concentrate more on the new display while driving.

Peter

Last edited:
Reactions: dhrivnak
Doesn't look too bad. The issue with the fonts is for an OEM look.

What I'd like is to have the visualization right in front of me. Ideally, an AR HUD, that was projected on the windshield, overlaying the actual view. Since, we're not getting that anytime too soon, just having the car visualization as you're driving displayed right in front of you would be nice. My concern when using AP is whether the car is seeing the curves in the road, and it would be nice to have that info right in front of you, rather than having to glance to the right, all the time. If some 3rd-party mfr could do that, I'd buy it.

Looks great, I like how it doesn't block the air vents. Small enough to not get in the way but has a good amount of useful info on it. Can you change the layout and info it displays?
There are two layouts you can select, the one I selected shows more information. You can change the units like Kilometers, Celsius, Bars (instead of PSI), and languages. You can set themes to light, dark or auto (same Auto as in large main screen). For example, if day turns to night and both settings are in Auto, both will turn dark and vice versa.

Peter

I bought and installed Hansshow Ultra Mini Screen Display. I like looking straight rather than tilting my head to the right to look at Tesla monitor while driving. I also like to view the status of tire pressure all the time to make sure tire pressure is always good. It's relatively cheap price and pretty easy to install. It took me less than an hour to install. I highly recommend this product. The screen does not block any airflow from ventilation system. Personally I don't feel this product is a gimmick. Also this can be a useful back up screen in case the main Tesla monitor screen fails. I ordered the product last Saturday afternoon and received it the following Monday early morning (2 days delivery!!!!) and it was shipped very far away from China!!!!!

Peter
Did you update the firmware yet? I'm on Tsl_V202.1.E2.02 and want to know what the CAN option does in settings. It gives options for 1 through 10. I picked a couple and don't see any difference.

MTN Ranger,

Mine is Ts1_V202.3.E3.01 . I got mine about 2 weeks ago. When did you get yours?

I've been trying to communicate with Hansshow asking them if mine already has latest and greatest firmware version and no response. The WhatsApp is crap. But I used the Chat at their web site and they said they are looking into issues I discovered as shown below.

I like the device and works well. My complaint is it's not displaying headlights and parking lights status indicators properly.

1) Normal green headlight indicator does not show up at all when turning on low beam headlights. It shows parking light indicator instead.
2) Pushing turn signal stalk toward the dash does not display high beam indicator.
3) Pulling turn signal stalk does display high beam indicator but stays ON forever until I turn off headlights.
4) Activating Cruise Control or Auto Pilot turns on parking lights indicator which is incorrect.

Are you seeing the above issues?

Ignore CAN options 1 to 10. They are probably placeholders and all 10 are identical for now.

My Tesla software is 2022.40.4.1. My CPU is Intel Atom.

Peter

Last edited:
MTN Ranger,

Hansshow responded back to me via WhatsApp regarding to headlights and parking lights status indicators issues on their Mini Screen Display. He sent me two older versions firmware to try them out but none of them made a difference. The person was very helpful and going to take a closer look at the software and get back to me.

Peter

Hansshow has been giving me excellent support. I've been helping them to properly display headlights status indicators on their Mini Screen Display. They sent me new firmwares to upgrade the Mini Screen and it looks great. Upgrading firmware is very easy and quick. They have a few tweaks to go and it's done!!

Peter

• Informative
Reactions: Lindenwood
I like seeing all these various aftermarket second screens for the 3 & Y.

So far I haven’t been inclined to install any of them.

This is something I would consider; especially a used one.

What would push me over the edge is to be able to throw other information over there. Things like Song information or other information that might not be visible when other information is obscuring it; like the camera screen.