Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I really love supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really do...

From the moment you plan the trip you ask yourself what yummies surround the station, what scenery, what cafes...

Then as you approach the station, you see your battery decrease to well beyond the point of no return, and you realise you are now totally dependant on the services of another. Sort of like being chained to a bed. Not that I've ever actually been chained to a bed mind you... Well not in reality anyway... But you get my drift. You arrive, and most of the time, no one else is there, so you get your choice of 2-8 beautiful redheads all to yourself, then you just plug it in and go straight to your app.

And don't you just love how the lower your battery is, the fastest the car charges? It is a real delight to watch the green battery fill up. No wonder a future update will give you game-trophies for each new one you visit. See, it's not just me here.

Then as soon as you start the next part of your journey, you immediately ask yourself how long, how far and how much energy will you have before you see the next lineup of beauties. Whoever said the end justifies the means never got to supercharge. To a true-blueTeslan, it's as if the superchargers are an end in themselves.

You just don't get the same joy going to a petrol station in an ice car. A great big inconvenience. Dirty ugly smokey petrol... It's like bending over and taking it up... well you get the picture. And then to make matters worse, you have to line up and pay for it. That's just like being robbed after getting raped. The environment I mean... Raping the environment. Why at the very least your money should be invested in solar or batteries or tree planting or something... Anyway the point is that stopping at a gas station is only as welcome as your bladder is busting.

We are currently in the middle of a roadtrip from Sydney to the Barossa Valley. On the way we went via Ballarat stopping at most of the superchargers inbetween. Each stop was really wonderful. Loved every one of them. Would be nice if there was a windscreen squeegee at each, but I carry my own chamois. On the way back, we will go via Bendigo.

Last year we went to the Gold Coast. Same supercharging experience (except Ballina never worked at the time). But since then, they have put in Bathurst opening up Dubbo, and they are building more opening up the Great Ocean Road. Oh what a time to enjoy driving! Actually, when you think about it, is the supercharging I like more than the driving,. I want to see the day the car drives itself to a supercharger, and the supercharger automatically snakes itself into the charging port. Now that would be even more fun! Sort of like.... Oh please, no more future robot analogies...

Yeah very funny.... It is 42C here and the kids are inside freezing.

------

Hey not to change the topic too much but I just read an article that says Tesla is coming LAST in the auto driving race.

What with the roadster, the semi, the 3, the solar, the State batteries, house batteries, industry batteries, boring machines, space machines, all sorts of machines....I guess the AI department has slipped off the radar a bit. That makes me sad. I'm upset now. Everyday I was waking up saying, "Is it here yet?". And now their telling me I should've bought a GM. Am I alone in my belief of Mr Musk's claims? I mean by the end of last year doesn't mean in a DECADES time or so does it? Could it? Pass the Kleenex please.

------

Hey not to change the topic too much but I just read an article that says Tesla is coming LAST in the auto driving race.
It is not really important since you get most of the auto driving technology benefits only if it is coupled with an electric drivetrain. And guess who's the most advanced EV carmaker in the world?;)

------

What with the roadster, the semi, the 3, the solar, the State batteries, house batteries, industry batteries, boring machines, space machines, all sorts of machines....I guess the AI department has slipped off the radar a bit. That makes me sad. I'm upset now. Everyday I was waking up saying, "Is it here yet?". And now their telling me I should've bought a GM. Am I alone in my belief of Mr Musk's claims? I mean by the end of last year doesn't mean in a DECADES time or so does it? Could it? Pass the Kleenex please.

6 weeks back @Technophile drove from Perth to Adelaide and return using autopilot 95% on much maligned version 2, I will have to remember to askhim how many autopilot equipped electric German, Asian or Detroit built cars he witnessed on the journey.

Last edited:
Reactions: MDK and raynewman