Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I really want to install new trunk struts, but...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed the abstract ocean struts but since my lid is sound deadened and weighs a bit more, it’s slow to fully raise after the initial forceful pop. Does anyone know if any of the other struts are stronger for the top half of the lift? Maybe the strong arm or evannex?

I do plan on replacing the springs on the struts to make it easier to close either way.

Just installed the abstract ocean struts but since my lid is sound deadened and weighs a bit more, it’s slow to fully raise after the initial forceful pop. Does anyone know if any of the other struts are stronger for the top half of the lift? Maybe the strong arm or evannex?

I do plan on replacing the springs on the struts to make it easier to close either way.

It's a shame the Tesla struts couldn't be disassembled to insert a spring. The replacement struts just aren't as good no matter where you buy them.

How are you guys opening your trunk with your hands full? I’ve seen reviews everywhere saying these auto lifting struts are more convenient with your hands full. If you are holding groceries with both hands, you still need to set one down and pull out your phone with one hand.

Btw pairing the lift master struts with the 25mm spring works well for my heavier sound deadened lid. The AO struts were really slow in lifting the lid.