Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I removed a seat stain from my black seats with a magic eraser, now it’s slightly lighter than the rest. How do I fix this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As recommended by many other people on TMC, I removed a tough-to-get stain (more like dried on tree sap or something) from the black seats in my 2022 Model 3 using a magic eraser in conjunction with Hydro Silex plastic & leather cleaning spray. However, now that area of the seat is slightly lighter than the rest. Is there a product (such as a seat coating, ceramic or polish) I can use to darken it again and make it blend with the rest?

If not, the only other solution I can think of is to clean the rest of the seats with the same method to make everything blend. The only problem I have with that is that it’s a lot of work, it will make my seats slightly lighter in color and some of the harder to reach spots may remain darker. The two main priorities is to make everything blend and keep the seats dark. Any answers or suggestions would be appreciated!

6625278A-2D54-4BC2-9AA5-490964E1D17D.jpeg

Unfortunately Magic Erasers work in part by abrading the surface, sort of like sand paper. So I think you removed the top layer of clear plastic or polyurethane, or whatever the clear top layer of the seat material is made of.

If this were to happen to me, here are 4 options I would consider:

1) Do nothing. Over time, you might get used to it.

2) Buy after market seat covers that cover the entire seat. I have seen other posts from people that wanted to change the color of their seats and they were able to do this by installing after market seat covers.

3) You could search for a product designed to repair damage to car seats, such as this one:

You could tape off a very small test area, like 2 inches by 2 inches and apply this product. If you like the results, you could apply it to the rest of the damaged area.

4) You could take your car to a professional detailer. I am sure most professionals have dealt with this type of seat damage and know how to fix it.

Good luck!
Joe