Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I reserved two cars. Invite has arrived to (apparently) configure one.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings, Model 3 brain trust. I cannot find the answer to what currently vexes me....

I am a line-stander who's watched online reservation holders getting their email invites ahead of me for a few weeks now. Then, after my heart-to-heart with Elon on twitter this weekend, he figured out how to get my reservation to me.

My invite arrived moments ago, and thanked me for my *singular* order. Two years ago, I reserved two cars. I've had one listed as "I'll take what you've got" and the other as "I'll wait a bit for AWD."

My invite says thanks for reserving *a* Model 3. And if I take the blue pill or the red pill, I'm led down a path to configure or to put on hold what appears to be a single car. So... which reservation is this for? Once I hit "submit" for any of these choices, am I given the opportunity to start again with reservation #2? I'm hesitant to commit until I know what's gong on. I sure don't want to order both the same, and I'm undecided about "holding" both right now.

Anybody have a clue? I can't be the only dual-reservation holder who's considering ordering RWD now, and holding the other for AWD? Do the invites look different if one or two cars are reserved?

Yes, that is what I meant by having one configured for RWD, and the other for AWD. I have two cars in my account, and always have.
Technically you never had anything "configured". All you did was selected your preference, but in actuality really did nothing. To my knowledge, Tesla has not been using any of the selected preferences people made for anything.

Technically you never had anything "configured". All you did was selected your preference, but in actuality really did nothing. To my knowledge, Tesla has not been using any of the selected preferences people made for anything.
Right. Sorry. I said it better in my initial post when I wrote that I had them "listed" as such. I realize that I was not in the configurator at the time. I assume they've used that info only to gage interest. As you say, it doesn't appear to do anything at all, anybody can switch them to anything they want at any time!