TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I reserved two cars. Invite has arrived to (apparently) configure one.

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by EVnut, Apr 10, 2018.

1. EVnut

EVnut DARΞLL

Greetings, Model 3 brain trust. I cannot find the answer to what currently vexes me....

I am a line-stander who's watched online reservation holders getting their email invites ahead of me for a few weeks now. Then, after my heart-to-heart with Elon on twitter this weekend, he figured out how to get my reservation to me.

My invite arrived moments ago, and thanked me for my *singular* order. Two years ago, I reserved two cars. I've had one listed as "I'll take what you've got" and the other as "I'll wait a bit for AWD."

My invite says thanks for reserving *a* Model 3. And if I take the blue pill or the red pill, I'm led down a path to configure or to put on hold what appears to be a single car. So... which reservation is this for? Once I hit "submit" for any of these choices, am I given the opportunity to start again with reservation #2? I'm hesitant to commit until I know what's gong on. I sure don't want to order both the same, and I'm undecided about "holding" both right now.

Anybody have a clue? I can't be the only dual-reservation holder who's considering ordering RWD now, and holding the other for AWD? Do the invites look different if one or two cars are reserved?

2. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Does your account show two reservations?

3. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

4. EVnut

EVnut DARΞLL

Yes, that is what I meant by having one configured for RWD, and the other for AWD. I have two cars in my account, and always have.

5. EVnut

EVnut DARΞLL

Well, that solves it. Thanks Mr. Joules!

Too bad that the link from the email wasn't so clear.

Shoot. Now what do I fret about before trying to decide which way to jump?

6. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

Sharing is caring. Put one on hold, so your Canadian brothers can have one.

7. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Technically you never had anything "configured". All you did was selected your preference, but in actuality really did nothing. To my knowledge, Tesla has not been using any of the selected preferences people made for anything.

8. EVnut

EVnut DARΞLL

Right. Sorry. I said it better in my initial post when I wrote that I had them "listed" as such. I realize that I was not in the configurator at the time. I assume they've used that info only to gage interest. As you say, it doesn't appear to do anything at all, anybody can switch them to anything they want at any time!

9. EVnut

EVnut DARΞLL

Indeed, I have already officially put one on hold for AWD. Now I'm just fretting over the other. Do I want RWD? Do I want EAP? Gah. I've had the same questions for a year now... so no change. Except now I can buy....