Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I rolled my own Carbon Fibre taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@GJVR would love to see pics! sounds like it's worth the wait!
Hi Bunnik here you go.
I also got the cf mirrors from them.
My taillight enclosures were painted in the body color.

2F9DDAF6-3135-4672-ADFA-529C16F9541C.jpeg
DCCAAD48-CF93-49C2-BBA6-AB8056EDF3F3.jpeg
F8707BE0-56D1-4FD0-997D-454D9C439190.jpeg

Attachments

• 7FC918A9-618C-4CA0-92DE-E4830C53B774.jpeg
    7FC918A9-618C-4CA0-92DE-E4830C53B774.jpeg
    509.9 KB · Views: 86
I ordered Clear Carbon Fiber Light housings on 3/18/22 from GRP for
$699.00. Has anyone else ordered them
Also. It has been 3 months no ship date
Yet. I know the price was very inexpensive. Almost to good to be true.
I hope I haven’t fallen for the
Banana in the Tail pipe.

You should post that in the thread for GRP’s taillight products, not here. I have no connection with GRP and don’t want to be answering for their misdeeds. The first of which is taking customers’ money for a product they weren’t ready to ship for 3+ mo (unless they warned you ahead of time). They’re an established company with a reputation to defend so you’ll probably get the product or your money back at some point. But it’s not how I would have handled it.

If GRP can actually make those taillights for that price without using an overseas sweat shop I’ll be very impressed. These were the hardest CF product I’ve ever built, requiring developing several unconventional techniques that most high-volume CF shops wouldn’t bother with. I built multiple special jigs for milling/cutting/mounting things, not to mention all 6 parts that were 3D printed, each with multiple iterations. I haven’t even started.

In any case, I would prefer to keep this thread about the project that I started, and @Tex EV is continuing, and perhaps any other interesting DIY taillight-related projects, but not problems with GRP.

Hi Henry,
i didn't mean to associate you with the GRP product, I have read all your tribulations in creating the light housings and have watched Tex Ev's work also. I will let you guys know if and when i get the product. after seeing the effort you guys have put in , I have doubts that the quality will be any where near what you guys have made.
Sorry,
Lou