Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I rolled my own Carbon Fibre taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@hcsharp would you ever consider attempting the rear 2.5 diffuser? You somewhat hinted it would be a winner back in '14 ;)

Agree. CF would be stronger and more durable than aluminum. It would also weigh less and look better.

Here's the photo of the prototype Tesla made years ago. Yes, I've checked... it wasn't mass produced sadly:

cf2-jpg.273170

And if you did end up doing this (just dreaming a bit here), I'd love to see if we could design one that worked elegantly with the standard JdeMO placement for a more factory look :cool:

Last edited:
Yes, Mick says he will send them to Gruber's.

How did you get Mick to confirm he’s made the Bespoke tail lights?

I literally placed my order for those in July last year, got blown off for months by the contact person, finally got access to Mick who was quite nice in December.

He still hasn’t shipped me any of the promised (and paid for) Bespoke51 lights - and is AWOL again.

What’s your secret?

How did you get Mick to confirm he’s made the Bespoke tail lights?

I literally placed my order for those in July last year, got blown off for months by the contact person, finally got access to Mick who was quite nice in December.

He still hasn’t shipped me any of the promised (and paid for) Bespoke51 lights - and is AWOL again.

What’s your secret?
Mick said he will send it...but he also said that last month...LOL. And I ordered and fully paid for the lens last April! He knows that Henry's carbon fiber enclosure is waiting for his lens at Gruber's.

Mick said he will send it...but he also said that last month...LOL. And I ordered and fully paid for the lens last April! He knows that Henry's carbon fiber enclosure is waiting for his lens at Gruber's.

Hi Bunnak -- Mick just texted me back and said "At this point the only solution I can provide is to send you the remaining balance back. I won't have the last set completed before late March, we did just send out a set to California but the order has been placed in early 2019."

I'm wondering who got the Bespoke51 tail lights? Anyone here get them? Bunnak? Bueller? Bueller?

I am definitely suffering from "sunk cost" syndrome...waited since June 2019, should I just wait further until March 2020?

For those that want the look and are not in it for the weight savings and at the risk of sounding a little "Pep Boys" why not just wrap the stock ones with top of the line 3M wraps or Vvivid Epoxy carbon fiber wraps?

They have several to choose from.

They can "self-heal".

They look convincing from 10 feet away.

They are reversible.

A good shop should be able to wrap them easily and make it look really good.

Here is interior on Tesla Model 3 but you get the idea.

Hi Bunnak -- Mick just texted me back and said "At this point the only solution I can provide is to send you the remaining balance back. I won't have the last set completed before late March, we did just send out a set to California but the order has been placed in early 2019."

I'm wondering who got the Bespoke51 tail lights? Anyone here get them? Bunnak? Bueller? Bueller?

I am definitely suffering from "sunk cost" syndrome...waited since June 2019, should I just wait further until March 2020?

I'm probably the customer that Mick is referring too! And yes, they are on it's way to Gruber's as we speak. Once Pete installs them with Henry Sharp's carbon fiber enclosure I will post pics here!
@Story though mine isn't installed yet, I have seen them in person at the So Cal roadster round up and they look awesome. so yes, I would wait if i were you.

Reactions: RobsJester