Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I saw Musk twitted Advanced summon will be on update march 15th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably 97.985%, I am guessing, chance that todays Elon Promised March 15, 2019 major software release will NOT happen!!! IF it does it'll be a token few cars just so some can say "SEE HE DID IT...HE DIDN'T LIE"

But for the rest of us still stuck with 2018 software....well....just more broken promises from Tesla's CET

Sometimes reality sucks but I do hope I am proven wrong.

Reactions: am_dmd and CaliMS
Another long ago promised update was a button to request firmware download right in the car.

It does appear to be in the phone app, though I've never used it.
service.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
It schedule an appointment, it doesn’t push :(
Yes, but I think the point is that tesla itself is acknowledging that firmware update is a legitimate service request.

On a similar note, I bought AP/FSD two weeks ago and NOA didn’t work because maps were not updated. I sent a help request and got crickets for a week. Then scheduled a service appointment stating the issue and maps were updated the next day, then canceled the appointment.

Last edited:
Yes, but I think the point is that tesla itself is acknowledging that firmware update is a legitimate service request.

On a similar note, I bought AP/FSD two weeks ago and NOA didn’t work because maps were not updated. I sent a help request and got crickets for a week. Then scheduled a service appointment stating the issue and maps were updated the next day, then canceled the appointment.
It is coincidence. Maps update just requires a good wifi connection while firmware update is decided by the mothership.