Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I See A Lot Of People Upon Taking Delivery Talking About Paint Chips....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why so many Y's with paint chips? Almost becoming commonplace to hear about this upon taking delivery. Are we talking on front bumpers, doors, etc. Just wondering. Also, when the doors are higher/lower than the one next to it (front/back) is that an easy fix or are you really taking a chance that they will fix it to your eye but that only messing up the alignment somewhere else causing a bad seal to keep out the elements? Seems to me there are a LOT more problems being reported for Model Y than even in the beginning of when the Model 3 came out. I took delivery of my 3 in August 2018 and had NO problems with fit or finish. Supposed to take delivery of our LR AWD White/White with 20" Wheels tomorrow at noon. Got a text today saying it's delayed and it is expected to arrive by Saturday evening. They said they have tentatively pushed back my appointment to Sunday and will call me once my vehicle lands and is inspected to possibly pull me forward. Not sure what all that means other than it's being delayed. Do they really inspect the cars before they turn them over to us? If so, why would they hand over a new car with SO many problems to So many people? Seems like Tesla is spending a lot of money to repaint and fix minor problems that shouldn't be there in the first place. Maybe if they wrapped the cars in the white shielding I see Audis/VW's arrive by truck in it would help with chips in the paint. I have to believe they aren't leaving the factory like that.