Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I see my old P85D on Tesla's used inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's listed as having been in an accident and I don't know why. I never wrecked it and it's never been body work repaired while I owned it. It still has the Tesla center console I had Tesla put in and looks like the new tires I put on it before it went to Tesla are still good, I had this car looking awesome, spent all day buffing the solid black paint back to new looking and everything.

The only mechanical repair I had was the charge port replaced under warranty, not bad for three years.

2016 Model S | Tesla

Last edited:
How's the mileage compare to what you sold it with? Maybe been bought once, crashed and resold back.

When did Tesla buy it back?

It's about the same as when I traded it in mileage wise and it was traded on 3/20, I doubt it has been sold and returned. I think someone has made a mistake on listing as having been wrecked. Still has the dark ceramic window tint in the pics.

did you ever order any parts such as an airbag or anything structural was replaced under warranty?

because i know tesla consider these as red flags and mark the car even though there wasnt an accident

the other reason i can think of is that tesla use these cars as loaners as well so it might have been in an accident as a loaner car

did you ever order any parts such as an airbag or anything structural was replaced under warranty?

because i know tesla consider these as red flags and mark the car even though there wasnt an accident

the other reason i can think of is that tesla use these cars as loaners as well so it might have been in an accident as a loaner car

No, nothing like that. I bought the console from Tesla and they put it in. Only warranty work was a charge port.

That is a nice set of wheel's, I have looked at it before. I really like the S performance models, unfortunately they are about the same price as a model 3 AWD new.

I bought a Model 3 and while they are awesome cars, I gave it to my wife cause I just like the Model S better. YMMV :)

Reactions: Fiver
Nice car, I saw this one while browsing this morning.

I wish they would upgrade all the P85D's to ludicrous like they do with all the P90D's.
I think there's a hardware component or several missing for the P85D's that requires labor to physically install. Enabling features via software manipulation to increase their value makes perfect sense though.

Reactions: Zishan
I didn't know that, I thought it was a simple software upgrade. Always learning new things with these cars....Thanks!
I believe there is a more robust digital fuse that has to be swapped out on the battery pack and possible some of the actual cables may even be beefier material to handle the added juice. I believe even some of the P90D's needed this physical upgrade but after a certain point they just made all of the cars capable of a software activation.

I believe there is a more robust digital fuse that has to be swapped out on the battery pack and possible some of the actual cables may even be beefier material to handle the added juice. I believe even some of the P90D's needed this physical upgrade but after a certain point they just made all of the cars capable of a software activation.

P100D's do not need new parts to activate ludicrous afaik , but really only the new ones. Regular 100ds need these parts

90/85 need new contactors and the pyro fuse. It's a LOT of work to replace the battery contactors, have to drop the battery in order to swap

I just looked at your car this morning and saw the damage note and did not dig further. What did they give you in trade? Curious how much they mark up the used cars (not that we can negotiate the price, but can show how much room they have for lowering it).

I wonder if there is a way to correct a Carfax or Autocheck as a buyer, you would not want that incorrect history.

Reactions: Seven7
Here's the damage on the vehicle, that was the only damage reported.

Attachments

• damage.PNG
    damage.PNG
    83.2 KB · Views: 174