Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I see so many model Y owners having issues. Would you buy again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure that it's been rolled out yet. I think DAerik on Youtube were still awaiting that update for their new MS, last time I checked. It definitely didn't come with their car when they picked it up a couple months ago, right, @MorrisonHiker ?
The hardware is there but the software hasn't been enabled for most vehicles yet. We don't have it on our Plaid S since we're on the FSD Beta branch and they haven't released ARNR with FSD Beta yet. I know some EAP (Early Access Program) cars got ARNR but I don't know if any non-EAP cars have it yet.

I’ll counter the ‘bad quality’ guys by noting that my car (2/14) build was perfect quality-wise. I never buy early production models of any car. I prefer to wait until they iron things out, which it appears they have. And I love the ride/handling compromise. I find the car to be very comfortable. I’d do the same again.
I have a 4/15 build that had numerous alignment issues, some I dealt with, others I live with. Definite QC issues...

QC means some cars may come out perfect and others may not. The quality is not consistent. When I picked mine up from the SC, it was right next to another MY (same color and everything). I noticed inconsistencies between both my car and it as well.

That said, I would 100% buy it again.

Another note. My friend just picked up his Y yesterday (12/09/21) and already has a call in to the service center for a rattle in the trunk. He loves the car though, but again... QC could be improved.

Reactions: voxel
I think if I had known about the PB, I would not have purchased the car. On a whole it's a pretty good car. I cannot say it is the best car I have driven. If you take away the electric it would not touch the quality of some of my other cars. My wife and I are looking to purchase a second EV, if Tesla can get BSM, apple play and a few other offerings I am sure she may go for another tesla. if not she wants a car that gives a all of the bells and whistles for a 60K car.

I know I will never have an ICE car as a daily driver again... I smile every time I pass a gas station (with ever increasing gas prices). Considering that, the Y is still the best overall EV for my needs, wants, and budget. That could change in a year or two (I actually like the look of the ioniq 5) but the Y has the best overall package, flaws and all. Going back to an ICE vehicle after having an EV (a nice EV, not something like a Leaf) is like trying to go back to the old school mechanical hard drive after upgrading to an SSD.

I agree about the QC issues: my 2021 MYP had worse panel gaps and cheaper feeling interior materials than the almost 10 year old Mazda CX-5 that I traded in. But my Mazda also cost over $50 to fill up every week and couldn't smoke a Porsche so I'll take the tradeoff!

Last edited: