Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I see so many model Y owners having issues. Would you buy again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also have issues, but they are all minors. If you worry about issues, try to go Ipace or Etron forums, they are having nightmare :)
Model Y is not perfect but is the best EVs vs IPace, Etron
We will find out soon about Mustang March E...
You still don't have much choices if you want EV. For high-end EVs, you only have Model Y, Model S, IPace and Etron.
Low-end, you look at Nissan Leaf, Kona EV, Chevy Bolt, I3, but those are small EVs

I’ve had my share of issues starting from delivery 2 weeks ago. White seats were stained with black goo, headliner was dirty, console scratched, steering wheel scuffed, charge port door not flush and the usual headlights not seated right.

I personally think that it all comes down to the service centre you go to. After bringing my Y back they had it for 3 days and I still have almost 70% of the issues. Classic Tesla.

Although I believe I will eventually get all of the item addressed I would still buy another one in a heartbeat. The most comfortable seats I have ever experienced in a car, instant torque and it simply looks amazing!

A good way to tell if someone would purchase one again is simple...when you park it and walk away, do you look back? There’s your answer :)

Minor issues that were corrected by mobile service a week after delivery. The MY is the most enjoyable car I've owned in over 30 years. No doubt I'd buy it again.

The slower than expected FSD feature rollout is a bit disappointing, so while I'd probably pay the $7k FSD upgrade again, I'm not sure I'd pay today's $10k price. The $2k AB is quite worth it to me, as we're the TO power frunk and Hansshow kick sensor.

I’m seeing model Y owner’s experiencing issue after issue. This personally worries me as I have a model Y on order and don’t have the time to deal with service issues and inoperable cars. Would you buy the car again given what you know after being an owner or would you go a different route? Open to all honesty.
Very few people think to themselves, “this product or service I just paid for is so satisfactory that I’m going to go online and tell the world about just how satisfied I am.” So of course the only voices you hear are unhappy ones, and it makes it appear that said product or service is terrible.

My Model Y had some minor clear coat scratches at delivery, but Tesla paid to have a fancy detailing place buff them out and give the car a full exterior detailing, so I’m going to call that a point in my favor.

The only other issue I have is that the center console square lid is misaligned by a few millimeters. I haven’t lost much sleep over it so far.

Other than that, no creaks, no rattles, no software issues, no mechanical issues. I’m quite pleased with this car.

I’m seeing model Y owner’s experiencing issue after issue. This personally worries me as I have a model Y on order and don’t have the time to deal with service issues and inoperable cars. Would you buy the car again given what you know after being an owner or would you go a different route? Open to all honesty.
Keep in mind that folks that are having a great experience tend not to post or have no reason to. I suspect the vast majority would buy again, based on the CR Ownership survey that rated Tesla as #1 in Owner Satisfaction. None of the issues posted here and elsewhere deterred me from ordering a MY. Maybe I'll change my mind if my heat goes out.... But we are on the bleeding edge of technological advancement, to a certain extent, so I think we recognize we might have to make some sacrifices to move the tech forward...

I've had my Y for 8+ months now. The biggest issue was the rear hatch started grinding. Made an appointment with nearest SC (1.5 hours away). In the appointment text message I sent, I asked for a mobile ranger, which was assigned and about 1.5 weeks later, he showed up and fixed it in about an hour. Try having that kind of service from a "normal" dealer. Is the Y perfect? NO. It's a great car, I really enjoy it. I would buy it again. All makes and models have issues. That's why we now have lemon laws.
IMHO, Tesla is the best EV on the market currently. If you want a EV with more range and better supercharging, buy Tesla. If you want a more established brand that hasn't figured out the EV market yet, choose that.
May the (electric) force be with you. ;)

Nothing man made is perfect, unless you have an eye for art or a fine wine. Cars are just methods of transportation mass produced, I don't understand the expectation of perfection. If your standards are for perfection please order a Koenigsegg Gemera.
Set up an appointment to have the entire front PPF installed right after you take delivery.
I have 6 months of Y ownership, a few minor issues all resolved and really enjoy the electric life.

love the car but wouldn't buy another tesla as a first year model...had alignment, paint and interior panel issues that took over 6 visits to fix. first mechanical issue yesterday with multiple parking brake and sensor errors popping up when I started the car. Car wouldn't move. Had it towed to the service center.

Reactions: InternetDude
I do think the ride is a bit rough. I'm on the 19s, not a fan of the tires.

I had some alignment issues (steering), and panel alignment issues that were just ... w/e.

Really though there is no way I'm going to another ICE. And doubtfully, a different EV unless they make major headway in reliable widespread charging options.

The only issue I see around here that I find actually concerning to me personally is the reports of heat not working in sub zero temperatures.