Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I snapped my strut mount bolt šŸ˜«

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a slight clunk from my drivers side front wheel. It sounded if one of the bolts were loose. I attempted to tighten and snapped one of the bolts. Anyone know what size they are?
6AC2C596-4674-4610-8EB1-002DBE90A25B.jpeg

I did this years ago when I installed my MPP coilovers.

When removing the old suspension, the top of the bolt snapped off. It seems that the bolt was cross threaded at the factory.

Anyhow I was able to find the same grade bolt with the proper thread at the local True Value hardware store.

I had to reverse drill the old bolt out. Then I had to retap the threads. Then the new bolt easily installed back in.

I did this years ago when I installed my MPP coilovers.

When removing the old suspension, the top of the bolt snapped off. It seems that the bolt was cross threaded at the factory.

Anyhow I was able to find the same grade bolt with the proper thread at the local True Value hardware store.

I had to reverse drill the old bolt out. Then I had to retap the threads. Then the new bolt easily installed back in.
Tesla actually sold me the bolt at the service center for $.58. I was shocked, I didnā€™t think theyā€™d give it to me.