Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I still have FSD Beta 10.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I'm sure most of you know, FSD Beta 10.3 was released and recalled today. I have not been in the program before today (My Safety Score was 99), so I would not have been kicked back to Version 10.2 (I also verified I am still running 2021.36.5.2). My phone did notify me that there was an update available for my car earlier today, but when I opened the Tesla app there was nothing. There was also no notification on screen in my car. Anyone else still have 10.3 installed?

As I'm sure most of you know, FSD Beta 10.3 was released and recalled today. I have not been in the program before today (My Safety Score was 99), so I would not have been kicked back to Version 10.2 (I also verified I am still running 2021.36.5.2). My phone did notify me that there was an update available for my car earlier today, but when I opened the Tesla app there was nothing. There was also no notification on screen in my car. Anyone else still have 10.3 installed?
Same here. Much caution need apply if driving that car.

Reactions: KaneBlaisdell
FYI….There is already a 7-page thread discussion this very issue with people sharing their experiences.

Reactions: zigmeister
FYI….There is already a 7-page thread discussion this very issue with people sharing their experiences.

Right, but a thread for people still on 10.3 with no way out is a different issue. The potential robot killer, in Missy-the-COI-lady's words, is still on the road.

I still have 10.3 installed as well on my 2020 Model Y. Mine installed 2021.36.5.2 early this morning. A few hours later, after my first drive, it would not engage FSD. Shortly after that I saw 2021.36.5.1 downloading over cellular. However, it never installed. Now I am sitting with 2021.36.5.2 wondering how long until the fix comes out for 10.3, or my car rolls back. I have my fingers crossed that I don't get fully rolled out of the beta.

I still have 10.3 as well. Never got around to installing the regression update and now it’s gone, presumably because they accidentally pushed the public release instead of 10.2 beta and they’re scrambling to fix it. Haven’t driven today (I did last night when I first got it to try it out, and it was fine with no traffic), but it sounds like if you are going to drive you should disable FCW and be very careful using even just AP on the freeway. It sounds like something they did screwed up badly and people on AP on the freeway have reported getting emergency collision braking (ie the car SLAMS on the brakes while going 70+mph hard enough to trigger ABS), which is very very very dangerous. Might be best to drive manually until they resolve it.

edit - Maybe consider turning off AEB period until a new update comes out. Videos are circulating of cars with 10.3 getting FCWs and emergency braking for no reason (phantom braking essentially) while AP is OFF and the car is being driven manually. FYI, you have to turn AEB off every time you shift to drive, iirc, since it’s a basic Safety feature. This is close to a disaster situation for Tesla. This went out to former 100s and 99s, so a wider audience, and they apparently broke a fundamental safety feature with this update. If someone gets slammed into from behind because of a false AEB event, that would be a huge PR disaster for Tesla. They’re probably scrambling to figure it out right now.

Last edited:
Interestingly, I just went to my car and checked, and FCW and AEB are both toggled off in my car. I’ve always kept FCW set to early and AEB on. So either 10.3 switched it off when I first updated (I have no idea, I didn’t check), or Tesla somehow toggled it off themselves as an emergency measure due to issues with AEB and FCW, even without me updating.

Interestingly, I just went to my car and checked, and FCW and AEB are both toggled off in my car. I’ve always kept FCW set to early and AEB on. So either 10.3 switched it off when I first updated (I have no idea, I didn’t check), or Tesla somehow toggled it off themselves as an emergency measure due to issues with AEB and FCW, even without me updating.
Same here! I always have those features turned on. I just checked and they are turned off. I can’t say if it changed when installing 10.3 or if Tesla changed it to “fix” the issues without requiring an update.