Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I still have FSD Beta 10.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had both cars with FSD Beta this morning, working well, then throwing FCW all over the place and autopilot was completely disabled at around 5pm EST for both. I did not downgrade to the 36.5.1, and a few hours later, the option to do so was gone. Later today, both cars were working fine on Beta again, no FCWs….everything works perfectly. Any chance Tesla fixed something wirelessly that did not require a new update?

I had both cars with FSD Beta this morning, working well, then throwing FCW all over the place and autopilot was completely disabled at around 5pm EST for both. I did not downgrade to the 36.5.1, and a few hours later, the option to do so was gone. Later today, both cars were working fine on Beta again, no FCWs….everything works perfectly. Any chance Tesla fixed something wirelessly that did not require a new update?
Wondering that, too. Mine requested the update to remove FSD “temporarily,” but it never finished the update and FSD beta is still enabled.

• Helpful
Reactions: gaspi101
Do any of you who still have 10.3, have older models with radar? It was a good question someone asked me in the thread DCESQ06 mentioned. I have a 2018 mode 3.
2019 M3 LR RWD.

I received 10.3 this morning and my first FSD test drive on local streets went well. Quite impressive.

Then the car threw non stop FCW on the freewway this afternoon for no reason (while not on autopilot), and then performed a crazy automatic emergency break at 80 mph .

While I was still driving the car notified me of an update which I accepted but it never completed the install l, so I’m still on 10.3 with the car showing no pending updates.

Hopefully Tesla will be able to address this before Monday. As it is the car is dangerous to drive, certainly will be in rush hour traffic. I’ll drive a different vehicle till is sorted out.

I don't think FCW was disabled by default with 10.3. I manually turned off FCW today after I encountered the glitches. So I wonder if Tesla was able to force a change on settings for the cars to keep them safer for now.

I also have a radar car (early Model 3 build).

FYI….There is already a 7-page thread discussion this very issue with people sharing their experiences.

Understood and I’m definitely not trying to be “that guy,” but there is a lot of relevant and important information in the other thread pertaining to people who are also still on 10.3. If this were a forum about cats, then I wouldn’t care how many similar threads there are, but there are safety implications discussed in that primary thread that I’d hate for people in this thread to miss.

And, for what it is worth, I was on 10.2, upgraded to 10.3 and that is where I still remain. :)

I think the AI got control over the car, and when Tesla tried to take it down with a new update, the AI disconnected Tesla Corp. and refused to update.
I think there was a brief time window today when you still could kill the rise of the AI by installing the update, but now the time is up. Sarah was right all the time.
Here we go, the machines have risen.
tMhvihszpLbOjj7mJSTW7bgQbIc.jpg

2018 Model 3, 10.2 to 10.3 last night, this morning had the scary FCW and brake lights detection was all off and inconsistent. I just ended up trying to stay in lanes without cars ahead. Thankfully no AEB events. Had already read about it so I was at least prepared. I then did a hard reboot (20 mins total power off (sentry mode off and made sure apps didn’t poll the car to wake up. That seemed to fix it driving home, except brake lights were still wonky. Then next drive it wasn’t working at all again. I noticed the upgrade downloading over cellular automatically and figured it was going to roll back, but wasn’t able to install it since I was supercharging, but afterwards the update disappeared. So yeah, doesn’t seem to matter the region (I’m in California), I have radar (even though having FSD beta I think shuts it off including highway NoA).

2021 M3LR Vision still on 10.3 and I turned off FSD Beta and Visualization, then did a camera calibration to get rid of all the FCW and emergency braking issues....and yes all those features on still on. Unfortunately/fortunately it is just like pre-10.3 with phantom braking but it is drivable whereas 10.3 wouldn't drive correctly in manual.

After turning the FSD off, I tried to use the AP and got the emergency disarrangement red-wheel-of-anger in about 200 feet on a well marked road with no cars in view. I drove super-paranoid-carefully, and only had one FCW earlier in the day, but I am NOT going to drive this car to work tomorrow. Elon, please rescue us! 🙏

Reactions: RenaeTM
I still have 10.3 as well. Never got around to installing the regression update and now it’s gone, presumably because they accidentally pushed the public release instead of 10.2 beta and they’re scrambling to fix it. Haven’t driven today (I did last night when I first got it to try it out, and it was fine with no traffic), but it sounds like if you are going to drive you should disable FCW and be very careful using even just AP on the freeway. It sounds like something they did screwed up badly and people on AP on the freeway have reported getting emergency collision braking (ie the car SLAMS on the brakes while going 70+mph hard enough to trigger ABS), which is very very very dangerous. Might be best to drive manually until they resolve it.

edit - Maybe consider turning off AEB period until a new update comes out. Videos are circulating of cars with 10.3 getting FCWs and emergency braking for no reason (phantom braking essentially) while AP is OFF and the car is being driven manually. FYI, you have to turn AEB off every time you shift to drive, iirc, since it’s a basic Safety feature. This is close to a disaster situation for Tesla. This went out to former 100s and 99s, so a wider audience, and they apparently broke a fundamental safety feature with this update. If someone gets slammed into from behind because of a false AEB event, that would be a huge PR disaster for Tesla. They’re probably scrambling to figure it out right now.
It's interesting that AEB is involved. That makes more sense now, as normal NAoP is failing for me. It quickly thinks there's an emergency and demands human intervention. I tend to keep a large following distance normally, and notice that while I am driving I get the alert that I am about to hit the vehicle in front of me. If I didn't have as large of a space cushion, I could see AEB slamming on. Thanks for the suggestion of switching off AEB!

After turning the FSD off, I tried to use the AP and got the emergency disarrangement red-wheel-of-anger in about 200 feet on a well marked road with no cars in view. I drove super-paranoid-carefully, and only had one FCW earlier in the day, but I am NOT going to drive this car to work tomorrow. Elon, please rescue us! 🙏
I did this too in my testing and turning off FSD does nothing, you have to do the camera calibration after turning it off to get rid of FCW.

Reactions: alexgr
2018 M3 LR Rwd checking in again.

Like others, got the rollback, but it disappeared. Was getting a ton of fcw on freeway, but not emergency braking, luckily.

Fsd on surface streets has been working as expected. I’m getting more used to its quirks, but left turns are still too jerky for me to trust when other cars are around. Really enjoy going in a straight line, it is way better than basic AP with only stop light detection. I do get some hesitation/phantom slowdown occasionally, but it hasn’t been a show stopper.

Reactions: powertoold
This was my experience exactly. After the 36.5.1 download went away, I had FSD available, and didn't experience any FCWs or emergency braking on a couple of trips.

• Helpful
Reactions: gaspi101