Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I stopped updating at 2021.4.18 and I have FSD - you maybe should have too

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That may be true, but we have also gotten spoiled by the fact that Tesla even bothers to update the UI at all without making us buy a new car (like pretty much every other automaker). I for one am curious to see if other automakers will follow in Teslas footsteps or keep UI updates for new model years.
Making the pre-refresh S and X “Legacy software” which will not get full updates kind of makes you have to buy a new car to get all of the features. That for cars as new as 1 year old.

I’m not going to try to convince you visualization is so important to FSD that you tubers have spent thousands trying to directly record the screen. If you can’t imagine why it might be important then you will have to experience it …
You don’t need to convince me buddy...(moderator edit) My post was for visualization related to AP not FSD/beta. Mine and my family’s safety is paramount to me so Tesla can keep their vaporware FSD for others....(moderator edit)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: mhan00 and EVNow
Oh no - so, never ;)

Anyway, now I get your obsession with getting rid of visualization.
I know I have already chalked it off as a charity. It’s part of my wealth distribution just like how billionaires think they are doing it now.

No my hate about visualization has nothing to do with 2016 FSD scam. (moderator edit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I would love to get rid of the visualization completely, perhaps have just have the parking version of it pop up at low speed. I would much rather use that (easy to reach) space for persistent controls (wipers, lights, etc) and the power/trip odo.

Does anybody know a 3rd party app that does a good job of replicating the the trip card info on a phone? That might be a good work-around for now for that at least.

Yeah, I would love to get rid of the visualization completely, perhaps have just have the parking version of it pop up at low speed.
Yes, visualization is invaluable if you want to use any kind of ADAS, for 1980's car features, not so much.
No my hate about visualization has nothing to do with 2016 FSD....
Ofcourse, absolutely nothing ;)

with the hiring power of tesla (a lot of people really would like to work there. for some reason, lol) they should not have any excuse as to why the UI is not flexible. skinnable or whatever you want to call it.

again, the priorities at tesla are not what I (and many others) consider important. they have kind of lost their way. I suspect they are just too big to be effective, at this point. they run on inertia for a while but the lack of meaningful updates and quality updates in the last 2 years, even, have shown me we have passed peak-tesla.
They have to be very mindful about what are the side effects of cosmetic “skins” and suuuper careful about functional and layout skins- this is a safety issue over self expression. If you hang pink fluffy dice from your rear view mirror and they block your view, regulators understand it’s a driver problem. If you skin your ui and cause a problem, regulators get wrapped around the axle if the liability is of those who were driving and chose the skin, those who installed it, those who built it, those who made the skinnable framework (Tesla) etc.

I like it that Tesla is keeping users in a lane.
Otoh, the designers at Tesla are not showing world class decisions with 11.

Reactions: GSP
I am not an ADAS person, I turn most of that off and I specifically bought my Tesla without AP back when that was possible.
Yes - it would be nice if visualization was optional.

But I guess very few actually don't want any visualization - and they have to find other ways of showing somethings they now use visualization for (like open door etc when parked).

They may do it in the future but I think the demand is very low compared to a lot of other feature requests.