Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I think i made an oops tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my windows tinted with Llumar ceramic IRX done for all 4 windows about 3 weeks ago but the shop didn't want to do the front. This week i decided to get the front windshield done but i made a big oopsie in choosing 3m Crystalline 50%. Its only been 2 days but the difference in color from the inside is really bothering me. The llumar IRX has a neutral charcoal-ish blue hue to it and the 3m crystalline has a brown hue to it. The performance is incredible but the color different is seriously throwing me off.

Is there an issue if i try to remove the 3m crystalline? Does the color change during the curing process? Would it be hard to switch tints so soon after application?

My other option is to just live with it. This is such a dumb and expensive mistake on my part(first time i've had a car tinted).

I know ultimately the blame is on me but I did tell them about the existing tint on the windows. I'm just mad they didn't tell me the 3M crystalline is a different hue. :(
full

There is a really good chance you might get used to it after a while. I would suggest waiting about 3 or 4 months and then, if it is still bothering you, then you can remove it or replace it.
Yea it's kinda cool, I love brown tinted sunglasses, But I wear maui jims, and HCL bronze is awesome (Now using the rose lenses though). Really makes colors pop. Not sure if the tint is the same though. I think I prefer more gray tints in the car, but not sure a slight brown hue would bother me.

Most people just tint the side windows and the back window (mainly because tinting the windshield is majorly illegal in some states), so they are living just fine with a different color between the windshield and the rest of the windows.