TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I think I messed up my rain sensing wipers!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Hota, Jul 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hota

Hota Member

Any help out there would be appreciated

I was finishing off an install of a BlackVue 2 channel dashcam last night in my AP1 refreshed Model S using the spare constant 12V power found in the microphone grill. Anyhow, as I fished the camera power and rear camera wires from the microphone grill opening through the front of the headliner, I noticed that the spare 12v connector had dissapeared! Likly dragged by the wires I had fished through into a space where I really couldn't see it at all.

Well, I thought I had identified the cable of the spare 12V connector cable and that the connector end was stuck someplace so I gave it a wiggle trying to loosen it. I was successful as the cable came free and I would up with this:

IMG_8048.JPG

This wasn't the spare power cable. Crap.

So, I dropped the front of the headliner looking for a place to plug it in. Nothing. I removed the AP1 camera housing looking for places that the plug came from without success. I concluded that it was a spare plug - I noticed a couple of other spare plugs taped down on the right side of the headliner so perhaps this wasn't connected to start with.

Driving today, I noticed that the rain sensing wipers don't work anymore. They've been turned into regular delay wipers.

Anyone have any ideas or resources? I have a service appointment related for an unrelated item a couple of weeks from now but I'd rather fix this myself if I knew where this plug came from.

On the bright side, I have a really clean Blackvue install.