Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I think I might have sent myself to the back of the queue...... (spec change)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a VIN before

I'm on my 3rd one. And if I hadn't called I wouldn't have known to expect delivery 1st of october (not an actual delivery date)

There is literally nothing customer facing to tell me I'll get a car.

And I still might not, because I had Tesla tell me in the past that it would be July, then August, now September and possibly October....

Ok, so after getting a source vin yesterday, I’ve received a mail about 15 mins ago saying my final invoice is available and payment due. Great, only there is no new detail in my account it’s exactly as before..... hmmm
A new link should appear on your account page under your other agreement documents but otherwise the text on the page remains the same, saying they will soon draw up yor contract etc...

Its easy to miss!

Having a nightmare getting Tesla to change my order. Requested a change from SR+ to LR AWD two week ago and they changed to white interior when I wanted black. As it needed changing I said to change to a P+ while they were at it, even copying the full config details from the website, and it has been updated to P+ with white interior again. Not sure if they are trying to push for the extra cash but I've had cream interior for years and want a change to black

Ok, so after getting a source vin yesterday, I’ve received a mail about 15 mins ago saying my final invoice is available and payment due. Great, only there is no new detail in my account it’s exactly as before..... hmmm

I got a Review Your Invoice and Pay Your Balance email today.
A friendly guy at a tesla sales centre confirmed it was a phantom mail and I'm not due my car till the end of the month. He couldnt see any record of the mail on my account :-/

I got a Review Your Invoice and Pay Your Balance email today.
A friendly guy at a tesla sales centre confirmed it was a phantom mail and I'm not due my car till the end of the month. He couldnt see any record of the mail on my account :-/

I think that’s what’s happened here, I’ve still only got booking invoice, order agreement and credit note in mine. Will wait and see, not helpful having no information for ages and then when you do get some it’s erroneous lol

Lol I meant in terms of translating a 472xxx vin to a delivery estimated date, rather than anything unhelpful. Ie. If others have a hidden vin in that range it may well arrive at a similar time.

the email I got was a response to me changing the paint colour and I asked at the same time for a delivery estimate which is when the first week of October was suggested to me

What a rollercoaster this is, after the email about my final invoice being available, I’ve Been checking my account for it daily. today’s news is that the order agreement has vanished from my account along with the hidden vin, so I assume the car I was matched to is no more lol. I’m in no rush really, but it’s impossible to know what expectation to have with Tesla.

What a rollercoaster this is, after the email about my final invoice being available, I’ve Been checking my account for it daily. today’s news is that the order agreement has vanished from my account along with the hidden vin, so I assume the car I was matched to is no more lol. I’m in no rush really, but it’s impossible to know what expectation to have with Tesla.

Maybe, just maybe, the order agreement has vanished because they are working on a final invoice? Keep checking :D

Glass half full perspective but frankly, what choice do we have in the Tesla waiting room.

hope so lol, would be nice if Tesla mapped out the ordering journey so at least you can know where you are in the process

I'd say this image represents everyone who is currently trying to work out the ordering journey that Tesla has inflicted on us :D

download-hd-38kib-350x365-map-confused-homer-simpson-reading-a-reading-map-png-343_361.png