Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I think I might have sent myself to the back of the queue...... (spec change)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a Review Your Invoice and Pay Your Balance email today.
A friendly guy at a tesla sales centre confirmed it was a phantom mail and I'm not due my car till the end of the month. He couldnt see any record of the mail on my account :-/

I've heard that at least one guy paid a week in advance and the car "disappeared" and no future delivery date was available.

Can you pay by bank check on delivery? Given the wonky admin, I'd prefer to hang on to the money until I see the goods

I've heard that at least one guy paid a week in advance and the car "disappeared" and no future delivery date was available.

Can you pay by bank check on delivery? Given the wonky admin, I'd prefer to hang on to the money until I see the goods

Yes I’ve seen a few people report similar. I got a delivery appointment with no prior contact and just 2-3 days notice, paid in full, then they told me they had a registration issue with the vehicle (P- Vs LR) and my appointment was cancelled and VIN removed while they sorted asap. That was 3.5 weeks ago now and nothing since, finally got a source code VIN again last week but nothing firm.

What a rollercoaster this is, after the email about my final invoice being available, I’ve Been checking my account for it daily. today’s news is that the order agreement has vanished from my account along with the hidden vin, so I assume the car I was matched to is no more lol. I’m in no rush really, but it’s impossible to know what expectation to have with Tesla.

So got my second VIN, I’m now a 523xxx let’s see if this one sticks......

the drama continues for me (im not sure if its perceived or actual). Changed my paint colour as per this thread and have been rattling along with the 523xxx VIN since my last post above......

Since then i've:

1) Had my final invoice on 16th containing the VIN
2) Paid all of my deposit which showed up in source code
3) Had my delivery appointment appear in email
4) Had my delivery appointment text and replied to accept it

All good and thought i was just waiting for them to let me know the vehicle reg the day before.... until today....

1) VIN disappears
2) Payment completed status has disappeared, so it looks like it did when i'd just ordered
3) Payment has changed back to awaiting decision on finance
4) received 2 emails, first was from GBfinancing advising me to contact blackhorse and a reference number as they have questions for me. The second email was the auto generated finance application "Codeweavers" thing with the revised numbers from switching paint colour
5) The delivery appointment still shows as 26th and the registration details are now completed at the bottom
6) A credit note 2 has appeared which looks to me like its credited everything off, similar to what you would expect with a cancelled order.
7) Phoned Blackhorse per the email, they said there is no problem, they dont require any information, dont know what Tesla are doing, although they had logged into my account today to update some details.
8) Phoned delivery GB (got through in about 12 mins). Chap there seemed to think everything was OK but didnt sound massively confident said somebody just needed to confirm the finance so he did that and mentioned that he could see my deposit in full has arrived. I asked about credit note 2, he doesnt know what that is or why its there...... great.

So I'm now not really sure whats going on and if indeed i still have a car coming or not....... or if the finance people have kicked me out of the queue thinking that blackhorse have questions when they dont......

Anyone else had anything similar at this stage?