Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I think I need a Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it finally happened… Face to face company meeting in Brisvegas. Woohoo! My only dilemma… should I take my road bike or my gravel bike?
Decisions, decisions. I settled on the gravel bike just so I could do more bike trails around the river and I’m feeling a bit lazy at the moment so the gravel bike would be a bit softer and slower. Dig through all the boxes and crap in the shed and drag out the Scicon bike bag (an absolute must for a regular bike traveller) and whip the wheels off and lock the bike into the frame. Wheels in the side wheel pockets and zip up the bag and wheel it outside to put in the car. The seats fold just like the A4 so easy peasy slide it in close the boot go inside hop into bed and set the alarm at the crack to drive to the airport…
So the wheel arches are a little tighter but with a bit of shoving and jiggling the bag works it’s way backwards. Lastly push the front of the bag in through the boot opening and we are done… Ummm the handlebars won’t go in? Really? This can’t be right, I say. Maybe if I stare at it long enough the bars will narrow and the boot will widen and Bob’s your uncle. Okay how about I stand on my left leg or tilt my head to the right… or both. Nope. This stupid bike bag will not go into the boot.
OMG I’ve bought the wrong car!
Maybe I could call the service department and they could fix it? Or… I think I need a Model Y

meeting in Brisvegas. Woohoo! My only dilemma… should I take my road bike or my gravel bike?

though recent weather may change your needs.

So it finally happened… Face to face company meeting in Brisvegas. Woohoo! My only dilemma… should I take my road bike or my gravel bike?
Decisions, decisions. I settled on the gravel bike just so I could do more bike trails around the river and I’m feeling a bit lazy at the moment so the gravel bike would be a bit softer and slower. Dig through all the boxes and crap in the shed and drag out the Scicon bike bag (an absolute must for a regular bike traveller) and whip the wheels off and lock the bike into the frame. Wheels in the side wheel pockets and zip up the bag and wheel it outside to put in the car. The seats fold just like the A4 so easy peasy slide it in close the boot go inside hop into bed and set the alarm at the crack to drive to the airport…
So the wheel arches are a little tighter but with a bit of shoving and jiggling the bag works it’s way backwards. Lastly push the front of the bag in through the boot opening and we are done… Ummm the handlebars won’t go in? Really? This can’t be right, I say. Maybe if I stare at it long enough the bars will narrow and the boot will widen and Bob’s your uncle. Okay how about I stand on my left leg or tilt my head to the right… or both. Nope. This stupid bike bag will not go into the boot.
OMG I’ve bought the wrong car!
Maybe I could call the service department and they could fix it? Or… I think I need a Model Y
Model 3 should have been a hatch

Hmmm excellent idea… although I’m nervous about the excess baggage fees ;)

and who would be riding a bike in this weather?