Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I think it will look badass driving on the road

Does it look badass driving?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At first it looked a little weird to me, but now I feel I would look super badass driving it on the road. I think down the road more people would want it when they see it, especially seeing it perform.

At first I also didn't like the Model 3 design. Looked really whimpy. That's until I saw them on the road and compared to other cars. Then I fell in love and bought a $68K Model 3 Performance. Now I feel it is really a thing of beauty. I think people felt similarly for the Model X and Model S at the beginning. Guess we'll have to see if Elon ends up being right again, since as we all know most announcements he makes at the beginning people think it's ridiculous.

I think it's a victim of being announced way too soon.

We're still a couple years out from it being produced so I'm sure things will change between now, and then.

It won't look dramatically different, but with a few tweaks it won't be half as bad.

I'm curious why no interior shots.

They have one on their website: Cybertruck

Honestly, this is going to draw a lot of attention on the road as it looks like absolutely nothing out there. I think it looks really good from the front and back, but definitely not from the side. If it was a smooth curve at the top rather than a rigid point, it would look miles better. It’ll also look a little better with side-view mirrors, and possibly in a matte-black or dark green. And bulletproof-proof? That’s cool!

To me, if I were in the market for an electric truck, this is surprisingly affordable and blows the others out of the water in terms of specs. The 500+ mi, 0-60 in 2.9, 14,000 lb towing capacity version costs as much as the BASE Rivian R1T. They must really be making strides on battery production costs.

Last edited:
If it was a smooth curve at the top rather than a rigid point, it would look miles better.
Agreed, but I think the bed cover fully retracting requires that flat panel to the point at the top.

They must really be making strides on battery production costs.
I agree. I suspect there's a bit of anticipation with introduction not until 2022, specifically Maxwell tech, which is supposed to reduce production costs. I don't see those prices making sense with Tesla's current S/X/3 battery tech.

No, they didn't. The model S is great design and still stands tall after 7 years. Tesla has yet to match it in their other vehicles, and this thing is just epic levels bad.
Oh I'm saying a lot of people didn't believe the Model S would be a great car and skeptics were everywhere. Model X I know some thought it looked terrible (like a giant pill or a pregnant belly) but later started really liking it.