TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I think my Model S needs glasses...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Caligula, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Caligula

Caligula Member

ovj15nCh.jpg

And in case you were wondering, it was a 3x3 with grilled onions and animal fries.

2. DougH

DougH Active Member

You are so funny, I almost posted the same picture earlier. My Model S thinks my CRV is a semi when I park behind it :smile:

3. fancycar

fancycar Member

I've had the same experience. This new feature seems more of a gimmick than actually useful for driving. Maybe even the opposite of useful as it is a bit distracting. I wish I could turn off those graphics.

4. Caligula

Caligula Member

To be fair it's been pretty accurate on the highway and this is the first time I've seen an error as such. Makes me wonder what parameters it uses to determine what's what though.

5. astrotoy

astrotoy Member

It's looking at the frame of the drive-thru. Or is that obvious.

6. Caligula

Caligula Member

While I can see what you are saying, why would that be obvious? It seems somewhat presumptive.

7. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

On another Q: what is that 'enhanced' circle with the letter "H" in it above your energy chart?

8. green1

green1 Active Member

We have a winner!
    Tesla LOVES gimmicks, actual fixes that improve things... not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Hold mode, means the car is holding the brakes for him.

9. Fanatic1

Fanatic1 Member

AudubonB, the Circled H indicates that the "hold" brake is on so the driver can let go of the brake pedal even though in Drive mode. I think originally it was and still is very useful for holding the car on hills. I think it was originally called Hill assist or may still be. It's a great feature at stop signs or stop lights since you can let go of the brake pedal and thus less fatigue. It's like having a temporary parking brake and the car won't budge unless you step on either pedal again.

10. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Thanks. Not a feature present in our paleolithic Classics, even when in Hill Hold, which we do have.

11. cmu5p

cmu5p Member

"I can almost see you" playing on Hammock radio isn't lost on me........

12. Fanatic1

Fanatic1 Member

Your welcome. I've missed out on so many years of fun driving this awesome car as a later adopter. :)

13. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

Not sure what the issue is here.
    It's showing that you have a low overhanging roof. Why would you not want to know that information?

14. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

My interpretation is that his driver display is showing him close behind a large truck, but in reality he is behind a normal sized car parked underneath a roof. So the car's firmware is misinterpreting the situation. That is all.

15. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

I'll bet that anyone getting into your car today, or possibly over the next week, will take one sniff and say, "mmm, In-N-Out!" Because the smell lingers in the car for days. Don't get me wrong, we both know it's the best, but if I'm getting it to go, I'll order at the counter and then put it in the frunk.

16. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

Now that I can see a larger version of the photo, I can see that it is displaying a truck, not an overhang... oh well, they should get points for a "close" guess.

17. sillydriver

sillydriver Member

Maybe Tesla added the display of vehicle type so we could see how poorly AP interprets what it sees, reducing our confidence in the system: the company's goal being to convince us to keep our hands on the wheel.

18. JPP

JPP Active Member

What, no 'extra toast'??

19. ryanjm

ryanjm Tesla Podcast Host

Smart man. The 3x3 is the sweet spot for In-N-Out burgers. Bonus points since it's a secret menu option. :)

20. Kosmo

Kosmo Member

This is strange, I've never seen a 'truck' icon on the dashboard animation. All of them are cars, all identical, no matter what is in front of me.
    I actually wondered if it would recognize another Tesla in front of me and show a Tesla icon: no.

The funny error I got was on the I94 in Minneapolis and the speed limit icon was at 85 (it was 55, I can assure you that at no place on 94 in Minneapolis is the speed limit 85.

(Edited for grammar.)