Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I think my Tesla crashed....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, I didn’t get in an accident. I was driving on autopilot when all of a sudden alarms went off and it said AP no available. The visualization screen was black (except for the car image) and couldn’t re-engage. After a couple of minutes, visualizations returned, including lane visualization and AP could re-engage again.

Anyone else had this happen? A first for me. Good news is that it made it clear to take over during the crash.

No, I didn’t get in an accident. I was driving on autopilot when all of a sudden alarms went off and it said AP no available. The visualization screen was black (except for the car image) and couldn’t re-engage. After a couple of minutes, visualizations returned, including lane visualization and AP could re-engage again.

Anyone else had this happen? A first for me. Good news is that it made it clear to take over during the crash.
Yes, it happened to me about 5 days ago in a 2019 Model 3. I was not driving in AP at the time, but just like you, all visualizations except the car image were blank. I was concerned enough that I called Tesla about the issue. Their reply was they couldn't do anything about it unless it became a recurring problem. Not a very satisfying result.

This recently occurred to me in both TACC and AP. I wasn’t paying attention to the visualization screen, but the alarms went off for me to take over. I hadn’t gotten any nags when I was in AP and it shouldn’t have happened in TACC mode.

It has happened a couple of times for me. It suddenly drops out and I felt it was almost like teh AP computer rebooting + MCU rebooting. It took a bit of time to recover. Car still stayed functional though. It is these times where I like that we have two displays and not a central MCU alone...atleast we can monitor our speed and drive the car safely.

Yes this ha happened to me on my ap2.0 ape a few times - the reason is that th autopilot computer (ape) crashes and takes 1-2 minutes to reboot (hence losing Tacc and AP and all visualizations).