TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I think my wife has been leaving me hints......

Discussion in 'Model S' started by P85DBeast, Nov 25, 2015.

1. P85DBeast

P85DBeast 3 Model S!! 85D,P85D,P100D

I think my wife wants a model S well not really think but Its kinda obvious. So when we went to New York 3 weeks ago she saw a pearl white one and said "I really love that color if I were to get one I would go for that color" then she bumped my shoulder.So if I get her one it would be an 90D and it would most likely look like this one... :eek: So should order it brand new or get a CPO one?

Attached Files:

2. pbceng

pbceng Member

I'm not sure there are any CPO 90D's available yet. It seems to be regarded as a "sweet spot" so you may have to stump up the readies for a new one. Or get a divorce I guess following on from majorly failing in your husbandly duties :biggrin:

3. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

If you are looking to buy now, buy a new one as the CPO AWD cars are very badly priced.

Also if you plan to keep the car for more than 4 years and want an extended warranty beyond 4 years buy new or private party as Tesla refuses to extend the warranty on CPO cars, even if it is a 2015 model year car. Another option for you to consider is an inventory car as you will then get the benefit of the tax credits and you can buy an extended warranty for the warranty of that is important to you.

White with the pano roof is a really great looking color combination!

4. HeavyAaron

HeavyAaron Member

As it happens, the first P90D CPO was listed today: https://www.teslamotors.com/models/preowned/099247

But it is not white.

5. 1208

1208 Active Member

Spoil her, give her a brand new one. I would if I had wife and could afford 1. :smile:

Has she left hints about the interior colour or is she not fussed?

6. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

It's also cheaper to buy that identical car brand new with the fed. tax credit.

7. McHoffa

McHoffa Member

If I decide to go ahead and get a Model S next year, it will actually end up being my wife's and I'll get a 3 when it gets here. I actually much prefer a smaller car, but just don't think I want to wait 2-3 more years to drive a Tesla. If I could get more than a 70D I would for sure. Actually, I think she'd like the X more, but that's another $10k and much longer wait.

8. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Wives can be expensive. :wink:

9. ZachShahan

ZachShahan Member

Am always surprised when someone's wife wants something bought for her without choosing all of the details herself. Must be easy. :D

10. 78Lion

78Lion Member

You know she is on this forum! Yet you ask that question? :smile:

11. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

Or it's a test to see if her man has been paying attention all these years to what she does and does not like. Personally the game is tiresome to me (and after so many failures) it's just easier if I go buy what I want, when I want, and thank him afterward for not trying to do it on his own.

12. mackgoo

mackgoo Member

Go to your local Tesla store and ask about their fleet cars. "New" as far as the government is concerned, They've never been titled, they'll have anywhere from 4-8K miles and 10-20% discount.

13. demundus

demundus Member

My SC guy told me this yesterday, this will be the avenue of my next purchase. Awesome info :)

14. asudan

asudan Member

Great pictures - now I want to upgrade my wheels!